SkEye is an advanced planetarium that can also be used as a PUSHTO guide for telescopes.
• Ensure that you calibrate the magnetic sensors by waving the phone in a figure-8 motion of your hands. (Required on some phones and optional on others).
• If using with a telescope, read:
Device whitelist: skeye.wikispaces.com
The handheld-mode is similar to Google SkyMap. However, when switched to indirect-mode it doubles as a PUSHTO guide for telescopes. The PUSHTO system uses the phone's sensors alone. All you need to do is strap the phone onto the telescope's OTA.
· Real time Alt-Azimuth and Equatorial coordinates
· Messier objects
· mini-NGC catalog (subset of 205 bright objects)
· Night Mode
· Search, with a guiding arrow
· Alt-azimuth, Equatorial grid
What's New in This Release:
· Uses Gyroscopes when available. Requires Android 4 (ICS). Can be disabled in the settings.
· Improves the readability of labels.
· Reduces the Green-ness of the search pointer in night mode.
· Bug fix: Honors the night mode after returning from another screen, such as search dialog.
· Has Italian translations.
What's New in 5.4.2:
· Switching to night mode doesn't require extra memory in this version. This prevents an FC on certain memory-constrained phones. The switch is also much faster.
· Updated translations (Slovenian and Hungarian)
What's New in 5.4.1:
· More stars (all stars upto mag 8).
· An improved API which help other software that use SkEye, like Star Odyssey.
· Fix for a force close when detecting graphic capabilities on some devices including Samsung Transform.
· Also note the new app icon!
What's New in 5.3:
· DSOs are now rendered with coloured outlines instead of just points
· High accuracy Ephemeris of the Galilean moons (four brightest moons of Jupiter)
· Enabled higher levels of zoom
· Object description in lists of object
· Added a search button beside the description of centered object
· Buttons to zoom in and out
· A button to switch to manual mode
· Fixed a rendering issue in non-English Locales
· And many more
What's New in 5.1:
· Fixes to the rendering engine.
· Fixes to rendering of Moon phase and angle of bright limb.
· A completely new and accurate Solar system Ephemeris.
What's New in 5.0:
· Implemented precession to improve accuracy significantly.
· Ecliptic and Anti-solar point.
· Manual Mode (activated by scrolling)
· Fixed a very rare FC when Insta-aligning.
· Updated French translations
· Performance improvements to the "object list" interface.
What's New in 3.3:
· Corrections to Moon phase and illumination (It was off by a large error).
· Corrections to the star catalog. Declinations of stars near the Celestial equator were slightly wrong.
· Locations now have an altitude parameter for better accuracy.
· Locations can now be edited (by long pressing on the list).
What's New in 3.1:
· Added more named-stars (about 200).
· Fixed a force-close bug after changing the NGC catalog setting.
· Corrected the rendering of constellation lines when zoomed out.
· Better Hungarian translations.
· Many minor improvements to look and feel.
What's New in 3.0:
· Major rewrite of core-engine. To improve speed and memory usage.
· Object details show magnitude/surface brightness and size as appropriate for the object.
· Warning message when magnetic field seems to be abnormal.
· Hungarian translation.
· Corrected the visual magnitudes of Sun and Moon
What's New in 2.1:
· Labels with lines were being incorrectly highlighted. Fixed.
· Corrected French translations.
space junk If you don't have this app, it can be scientifically proven that you should. Space Junk is the lite version of star3map. It is a satellite tracker, and planet, star, and constellation viewer for mobile phones and tablets
Simple Moon Phase Widget It is a simple widget that displays the moon phase and age of the moon. Full moon and new moon, first quarter, last quarter will be announced in the widget. The calendar opens the widget when touching
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on SkEye:
Sono molto appassionato di android e astronomia!
Date: 2 Feb 14
I cant find flesh player for gt-s5670. all are not supporting...
Date: 16 May 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS