SkEye is an advanced planetarium that can also be used as a PUSHTO guide for telescopes.
• Ensure that you calibrate the magnetic sensors by waving the phone in a figure-8 motion of your hands. (Required on some phones and optional on others).
• If using with a telescope, read:
Device whitelist: skeye.wikispaces.com
The handheld-mode is similar to Google SkyMap. However, when switched to indirect-mode it doubles as a PUSHTO guide for telescopes. The PUSHTO system uses the phone's sensors alone. All you need to do is strap the phone onto the telescope's OTA.
· Real time Alt-Azimuth and Equatorial coordinates
· Messier objects
· mini-NGC catalog (subset of 205 bright objects)
· Night Mode
· Search, with a guiding arrow
· Alt-azimuth, Equatorial grid
What's New in This Release:
· Uses Gyroscopes when available. Requires Android 4 (ICS). Can be disabled in the settings.
· Improves the readability of labels.
· Reduces the Green-ness of the search pointer in night mode.
· Bug fix: Honors the night mode after returning from another screen, such as search dialog.
· Has Italian translations.
What's New in 5.4.2:
· Switching to night mode doesn't require extra memory in this version. This prevents an FC on certain memory-constrained phones. The switch is also much faster.
· Updated translations (Slovenian and Hungarian)
What's New in 5.4.1:
· More stars (all stars upto mag 8).
· An improved API which help other software that use SkEye, like Star Odyssey.
· Fix for a force close when detecting graphic capabilities on some devices including Samsung Transform.
· Also note the new app icon!
What's New in 5.3:
· DSOs are now rendered with coloured outlines instead of just points
· High accuracy Ephemeris of the Galilean moons (four brightest moons of Jupiter)
· Enabled higher levels of zoom
· Object description in lists of object
· Added a search button beside the description of centered object
· Buttons to zoom in and out
· A button to switch to manual mode
· Fixed a rendering issue in non-English Locales
· And many more
What's New in 5.1:
· Fixes to the rendering engine.
· Fixes to rendering of Moon phase and angle of bright limb.
· A completely new and accurate Solar system Ephemeris.
What's New in 5.0:
· Implemented precession to improve accuracy significantly.
· Ecliptic and Anti-solar point.
· Manual Mode (activated by scrolling)
· Fixed a very rare FC when Insta-aligning.
· Updated French translations
· Performance improvements to the "object list" interface.
What's New in 3.3:
· Corrections to Moon phase and illumination (It was off by a large error).
· Corrections to the star catalog. Declinations of stars near the Celestial equator were slightly wrong.
· Locations now have an altitude parameter for better accuracy.
· Locations can now be edited (by long pressing on the list).
What's New in 3.1:
· Added more named-stars (about 200).
· Fixed a force-close bug after changing the NGC catalog setting.
· Corrected the rendering of constellation lines when zoomed out.
· Better Hungarian translations.
· Many minor improvements to look and feel.
What's New in 3.0:
· Major rewrite of core-engine. To improve speed and memory usage.
· Object details show magnitude/surface brightness and size as appropriate for the object.
· Warning message when magnetic field seems to be abnormal.
· Hungarian translation.
· Corrected the visual magnitudes of Sun and Moon
What's New in 2.1:
· Labels with lines were being incorrectly highlighted. Fixed.
· Corrected French translations.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Harshad RJ»:
Daily Astronomy Daily Astronomy is a rss reader focus on physics and astronomy
Solar System Tips Bringing you some interesting facts about our Solar System, this app provides information about
Man in Space Quiz Who was the first man in space? Easy question, right? Want to test how well you know about the giant leap for mankind? Download the Man in Space Quiz for free and have fun answering questions! Show your friends that nobody is better than you!
Moon 3D Simple tool for calculating moon phase for any given date
Satellite AR Ever wondered what satellites are flying above your head when you look up? This app will show them to you using augmented reality. Point your phone's camera to the sky, and small icons track the locations of various satellites
Google Sky Map Google Sky Map turns your Android-powered mobile phone into a window on the night sky
Hubble Space Center Hubble Space Center is an application that helps you to enter the world of Hubble Space Telescope
Space Lite (Keys) for webkit Glossary of Space Physics, 700 terms, 7,000 images, 8 chapters, courtesy of NASA.Join the 750,000 plus who have downloaded Keys apps. New, hi-res images.Tap Game Controls to explore 500 more apps
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on SkEye:
Sono molto appassionato di android e astronomia!
Date: 2 Feb 14
I cant find flesh player for gt-s5670. all are not supporting...
Date: 16 May 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS