Classic Text To Speech Engine - natural sounding voices in 25 languages
Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.
Over 40 voices in 25 languages available.
The voices sound great with Google Navigation on Android 2.2. Other great apps using voice output are TalkToMe Classic, Moon+ Reader, ezPDF, Good Morning, and WakeVoice. Browse
The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40 voices. Voice packages need to be purchased separately.
After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable as follows:
1) Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
2) Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
3) Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a voice for your language.
- Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
- If you receive error code -18 when trying to install a voice, the installation fails because of a locked file. Solutions are to download a file manager app such as OI File Manager and remove “/mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec” or an empty folder named “.android_secure”. Navigate up from sdcard/ to mnt/, then down into secure/ and asec/ and delete smdl2tmp1.asec. Another solution is to remove or unmount your SD card and install the voice to your internal memory. After successfully installing the voice from Android Market (finally!) move the voice from internal memory to the SD card using Android Settings -> Applications and start the app.
MicDroid MicDroid tunes your voice! Reproduce the effects you hear in music yourself! If you've been waiting for the iPhone's famous I Am T-Pain app to make it to Android, you should try out MicDroid! Always sing in tune! Offers plenty of options for pitch correction!
4Chan Sounds 4Chan Sounds is a fun app where you'll find hilarious sounds that encourage those boring family meals or nights out with friends. Plus you'll get those sounds to the main desk of your mobile, thanks to its widget system that allow you quick access to frequently used sounds
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on Classic Text To Speech Engine:
Date: 12 Apr 12
David H. Ratliff:
You idiots, the seatcj was for speech to text not text to speech
Date: 26 Feb 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS