Beautiful Mosques Wallpapers - "Beautiful Mosques" is an Islamic app that welcomes anyone who likes beautiful architecture to check out the most amazing mosque photos from around the world and set them as wallpapers.
The app includes free mobile phone wallpapers of:
· Al-Masjid al-Naram (The Holy Mosque or The Sacred Mosque) – Mecca, Saudi Arabia
· Al-Masjid an-Nabawi (Mosque of the Prophet) – Medina, Saudi Arabia
· The Blue Mosque - Istanbul, Turkey
· Great Mosque of Córdoba (Mezquita-Catedral) - Cordoba, Spain
· Bara Imambara - Lucknow, India
· Shah Nematollah Vali Shrine - Mahan, Iran
· Abu Bakr mosque - Egypt
· The royal Islamic mosque - Brunei
· Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin - Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of the Sultanate of Brunei.
· Blue Mosque - Istanbul, Turkey
· Larabanga Mosque - Ghana
· Kota Kinabalu - Sabah, Malaysia
· Wazir Khan Mosque - Lahore, Pakistan
· Nasr ol Molk - Shiraz, Iran
· Dome of the Rock (Masjid Qubbat As-Sakhrah) - Jerusalem, Palestine
· Putra Mosque (Masjid Putra) - Putrajaya, Malaysia
· Aramco Mosque - Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
· Kul-Sharif (Qolsärif) Mosque - Kazan, Russia
· Sehzade Mosque (Prince's Mosque) - Istanbul, Turkey
· Babri Mosque - Ayodhya, India
Photos in the app are licensed under Creative Commons license. Photographers have been credited as per license. To view credits, click the question mark icon in the app.
A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. The word entered English from a French word which probably derived from Italian moschea, a variant of Italian moscheta, from either Armenian or Greek μασγδιον, from Arabic masjid, meaning "place of worship" or "prostration in prayer", from the Arabic sajada, meaning "to bow down in prayer" or "worship", probably ultimately of Aramaic origin.
There are strict and detailed requirements in Sunni fiqh for a place of worship to be considered a masjid, with places that do not meet these requirements regarded as musallas. There are stringent restrictions on the uses of the area formally demarcated as the masjid (which is often a small portion of the larger complex), and, in the Sharia, after an area is formally designated as a masjid, it remains so until the Last Day.
The mosque serves as a place where Muslims can come together for salah (prayer) as well as a center for information, education, and dispute settlement. The imam leads the prayer.
They have developed significantly from the open-air spaces that were the Quba Mosque and Al-Masjid al-Nabawi in the 7th century. Many mosques have elaborate domes, minarets, and prayer halls. Mosques originated on the Arabian Peninsula, but are now found in all inhabited continents.
Peace Wallpapers A free collection of wallpapers with beautiful peace sign images
Islamic Live Wallpaper 3D live wallpaper consisting of a beautiful background and a gold star and crescent that are constantly spinning
99 Names of Allah Wallpapers 99 Names of Allah is a free application with 99 beautiful wallpapers adjusted to your homescreen. Download the images of 99 names of Allah and personalize your android phone
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on Beautiful Mosques Wallpapers:
Date: 22 Apr 13
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS