MortPlayer Music (beta) - Simple to use folder based music player with lots of features
Simple to use music player for all those who prefer folder structure over tags. (You want your mix folder, not separated by artists, right?).
Home screen Widgets in separate download "MortPlayer Widgets"
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to
- Folder based navigation
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
- Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
- Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
- Set the track order for each folder
- Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, ...)
- Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
- Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
- Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
- Alarm clock
- Swipe gestures
- Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
- Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers - even Live Wallpapers)
- Delete and send files
- Supports ScrobbleDroid and Simple
Scrobbler (both interfaces also supported by many other scrobblers, like the official
- Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
- and some more, just check the preferences...
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn't stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app's lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in .MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For "StopService" activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «sto-helit.de»:
MortPlayer Widgets (beta) Home Screen Widgets for MortPlayer Music and Audio Books. If both are installed and none is running, you can select which player to initialize
MortPlayer Audio Books (beta) Simple to use audio book player, saves recent positions, lots of features Special media player for audio books. Separate folders, save+restore position for every track, bookmarks,
2Player Network Music Player 2Player Network Music Player - Play to, play from, download from network music devices.
2player is a full-featured music player for Android for Window home networks. "Play From" or "Play To" WIndows 7 computers, and XBOX 360s, as well as other netwok devices that support the Windows "Play From" and "Play To" protocols
musikCube musikCube streams your own music from a small server that installs on your home computer. There is also a experimental "workout mode" that selects music with the same pace that the phone moves in
PMix PMix allows you to control a Music Player Daemon server with your Android device. It supports cover art, music browsing and playlist creation.
NOTE: in order for this program to be useful you must be running an MPD server on you computer
MPlayer (Android) MPlayer - Port of the famous Linux media player MPlayer to Android.
Download subtitle file and extract to /sdcard for osd and subtitles.
· Support all subtitle format.
· Proper audio video sync.
· Uses libfaad2 and libmad for aac and mp3 decoding
MixZing Lite Find the music you want to hear now, whether it's already in your collection or available for purchase. MixZing is the ultimate music discovery solution
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on MortPlayer Music (beta):
Date: 1 Nov 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS