TalkBack is a screen reader that provides spoken feedback when
using native Android applications. Usage:
1. Go to Settings -> Accessibility
2. Check the "Accessibility" and "TalkBack" checkboxes
-Does not run if accessibility is disabled
-Is part of the Android system and cannot be uninstalled
What's New in This Release:
· Earcons and TTS pitch changes to indicate text formatting
· Automatic scrolling of lists during linear navigation
· Spells text replacements after speaking them
· Moved granularity selection to the local context menu
· Gestures previously used for cycling reading granularity can be used to jump to the first or last item on screen
· Stability improvements to the explore by touch tutorial
· Bug fixes
What's New in 3.3.2:
· Fixes an issue with pausing feedback multiple times
· Granularities now supported in quick navigation
· Improved handling of the proximity sensor as the screen turns on
· Improved Korean translations
What's New in 3.3.1:
· Improved spoken feedback during text editing
· Better handling of multiple items in local context menus
· TalkBack remains silent during voice searches and dictation
· More concise screen-off announcement
· Improved handling of keyboard navigation on some devices
· Added force threshold options for "Shake to start continuous reading"
· Speaks focused items again when explored
What's New in 3.3.0:
On all Android versions:
· New auditory icons
· Option to duck application audio while speaking
· Unlabeled items are numerically labeled
Android 4.1 and above:
· Continuous reading moved to the global context menu.
· "Quick Navigation" within that menu allows for navigation by a circular menu.
· Local context menu, for easier navigation of some items
· Structured browsing of web content in the local context menu
· Experimental "Single tap selection" and "Shake to read" options
What's New in 3.2.1:
· Full-screen reading menu available from the up-then-right gesture on Jelly Bean devices
· Long-pressing the search button can be assigned to the TalkBack global context menu
· TalkBack can be temporarily suspended from the global context menu
· TalkBack settings can be accessed directly from the global context menu
· Added option to customize echoing text input
· Other minor bug fixes
What's New in 3.1.3:
· Fixed proximity sensor bug for supported devices
· Additional support for speaking symbols
· Echos words after typing space character
· Fixed stuck accessibility focus in Android 4.1+
· Fixed grouping of scrollable items in Android 4.0+
· Other bug fixes
What's New in 2.7.7:
· Previous release had a minor build issue. This release is just a fix for that.
What's New in 2.7.4:
· Bug fixes.
What's New in 2.7.2:
· Accessible touch keyboard with review functionality
· Fixed several crash-causing bugs
· Added tutorial dialog on first use
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Eyes-Free Project»:
Click, Link, Compete Click, Link, Compete - Click, Link, Compete aims to make multiplayer gaming simple on Android.
See website for details.
Note: This library comes with a head-to-head air hockey game as a demo app
Eyes-Free Keyboard Eyes-Free Keyboard - An augmented version of the Gingerbread on-screen keyboard that provides enhanced low-vision accessibility
Talking Dialer Talking Dialer - slide your finger in the direction of the number you want - always starting at 5, you can then go up and to the left for 1, or down and to the right for 9, and so on.
Press Menu to access your Phonebook. Press the Dial button to call
Text-To-Speech Extended Text-To-Speech Extended - This is a text-to-speech library for use by other applications.
It extends the functionality of the Android TTS API & is a preview of things to come for the next version.
Press "Menu" on the settings screen for a showcase of applications that use TTS.
If you have problems, please try removing your SD card and putting it back
mem Match the sequence of flashing colors and sounds! What's the longest sequence that you can get? Try the "mini mem" widget! All the fun of the full-sized game, now available on your home screen! Menu > Add > Widgets > mini mem
Eyes-Free Shell Eyes-Free Shell turns your Android into an eyes-free communication device.
Provides one-touch access to Android applications, as well as useful mini-apps built into the Eyes-Free Shell.
Move your finger over the screen to explore; lift your finger up to run what you stopped on
eSpeak for Android eSpeak for Android - Port of the eSpeak engine that runs on Android.
To enable it:
1. Menu > Settings > Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings
2. Check "eSpeak TTS".
3. Set your "Default Engine" to "eSpeak TTS"
iSiloX iSiloX converts content to the iSilo document format for reading with iSilo.
What's New in This Release:
Version 5.18 adds the following new features:
· Added support for generating registration codes keyed to the device ID.
· Added support for generating 18-character extended registration codes.
iReader (offline) IReader is a offline e-book reader for TXT CHM UMD Mobipocket and EReader ebooks iReader is a offline ebook reading application on Android platform. It supports TXT, CHM, PDB(EReader, Mobipocket), UMD(popular Chinese ebook format), HTML and Image files
Reader Widget Free 3 Google Reader widgets in 1Features:Small, medium and large sizesLarge shows headlines, tap text to see sortable listChoose tag/siteLaunch Webview/Greed/Browser optionsGoogle Reader account requiredFor more see ubikapps
FBReader (Android 1.5 - 1.6) FBReader is an e-book reader for the Android platform 1.5 - 1.6. It is a clone of the FBReader book reader written in Java.
FBReaderJ supports epub, oeb and fb2(.zip) file formats. Visit 5 popular network libraries for a large set of e-books. Download and read a book directly from the program! Or put a file manually into /sdcard/Books directory
AozoraYomite AozoraYomite: Comfortable AOZORA BUNKO reader. AozoraYomite (ver. 0.9.8.16) is a reader app for contens provided by Aozora Bunko ( http://www.aozora.gr.jp/)
Laputa Book Reader Laputa Book Reader is an e-book reader which enables users to easily download and read thousands of books on Android devices.
· Page Turning Animation: Tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages like turning a page in a paperback book
PDF Files Search Engine Free PDF Files Search Engine Free - Millions of free books, documents, etc. available to you for download in PDF format.
Find interesting materials for yourself and download them on the device.
* Free textbooks;
> * E-journals;
* Free e-book libraries;
* Articles of different subjects
nookLibrary Application to browse, sort & search local books
Ebook Reader Ebook Reader by S4BB Limited.Note: Can only be used with S4BB ebooks
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on TalkBack:
dosu khan itada barmer:
Date: 3 Aug 16
Google Talkback Not sppoted
Date: 19 Jul 15
droga o meu androide fico lento demais para mecher nele tenho tenho que tentar varias vezes a baixo e cima
Date: 7 Jan 14
Date: 31 May 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS