Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods - at over 40 words per minute. Note: If you have Swype pre-installed on your phone DO NOT attempt to install this beta of Swype! If you registered for the beta on Swype's website, you are good to go.
What's New in This Release:
ALL BUILDS - Swype Beta v188.8.131.521xx:
· Enabled CONTEXT PREDICTION ENGINE for EFIGS languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
· Added Japanese language to Pan-Asia build
· Re-enabled "Return Key as Emoticon in Messaging" for all builds EXCEPT Pan-Asia (incompatible with Japanese)
· Removed comma-space-space gesture
· Changed German, Italian, and Spanish keyboards from NATIONAL layout back to STANDARD layout
What's New in 3.26 beta:
INSTALLER v.2.0.26481 (13.00):
· Re-skinned installer to match new Swype brand colors (Orange/Silver/White)
· Separated beta into regional builds
· Removed device installation limit
· Refined backend code to streamline process for Connect-enabled builds
ALL BUILDS - Swype Beta v184.108.40.206xxx:
· Updated Swype Connect to v2
· Added support for OTA updates
· Added support for displaying notifications sent via Swype Connect
· Prepared resources for context engine alpha test
· Fixed "Google Maps" gesture ("No app associated with this action")
· Implemented dynamic keyboard generation, using common assets, to decrease file size and allow future functionality
· UX simplification: key layout changes, settings & help updates, and more
· Added 11 new languages
· Addressed multiple issues with word priority, dictionary contents, and HWCL ordering
· Addressed multiple issues relating to capitalization
· Fixed a bug where using the capitalization gesture too fast (and other rare cases) would "interrupt" the Swype trace path
· Added several toast-style popups to alert users to better ways to accomplish tasks they are trying to perform (e.g. double-letters, editing gestures, etc). Tips decrease in frequency over time
· Updated compatibility with several applications (QuickOffice, PolarisOffice, etc)
· Tons of other minor bug fixes! (especially for non-QWERTY languages)
What's New in 220.127.116.1103/20186 beta:
INSTALLER v.1.1.20186 (12.01):
· Gingerbread will no longer erroneously display a network failure error when it should be showing either a username/password or account activation error
· New "Generate License" option in the installer to re-license Swype Beta at any time
· Installer now recognizes WiMAX as a valid data connection
ALL BUILDS - SWYPE BETA v18.104.22.16803/20186:
· Announcing BETA support for the following resolutions: qHD, QVGA, WQVGA, WSVGA
· Added Dutch, Russian and UK English support [NOTE: Not all devices support all languages. For a table of which screen-sizes support which languages, please click here.]
· The Hidden Word Tip window will only appear once, the first time you encounter a hidden word after a new installation. It will never appear again after that.
· Contacts, etc, that are automatically added to the user dictionary will now stay deleted when removed by the user
· Fixed the gesture to hide the keyboard: Swype from the SWYPE key to the DELETE key
· The capitalization gesture will no longer accidentally capitalize the second letter of a word when the trace path goes through that key before exiting the top of the keyboard
· Add compression of large languages for Android builds to reduce filesize
· Identified and resolved an issue that was causing cumulative loss in recognition accuracy over time
· Faster trace path animations
· Improved application performance in portrait view
· Improved the efficiency of the contact list scanner
· Swype key in Spanish now properly brings up Word Choice Window
· Fixed a bug with word priorities so words in user dictionary do not always appear first in word choice window
· Fixed a bug that prevented the auto-space suppression icon from appearing in some cases
· Period and Comma now function properly when tapped in SYM layer
· Improved recognition of words when using the capitalization gesture and the second letter is very close the exit-point of the capitalization gesture, e.g. "Well"
· Fixed a rare crash when returning from the Language Selector in Settings
· Launching voice recognition now draws a UI inside the Swype process instead of launching a new activity
· When Android 2.3.3 is detected, double-tap-to-edit is disabled to prevent conflict with Google's double-tap behavior
· Decreased the likelihood that a new license will be required after a system update
· Fixed a bug where a failure of the system to properly return build properties was crashing Swype
· Extended the beta license from 100 days to 120 days after compile
· Minor compatibility updates for Android 2.3
· Fixed various crashes
What's New in 22.214.171.12452 beta:
INSTALLER v.1.1.15759 (11.1):
· Added support for selecting different versions to download
STANDARD BUILD - SWYPE BETA v126.96.36.19970:
· No changes
What's New in 188.8.131.5270 beta:
SWYPE BETA v184.108.40.20670:
· Added support for new installer features, such as version checking and installation repair.
· Merged the most recent changes from trunk (mostly device-specific bugfixes)
SWYPE BETA v220.127.116.1153:
· Resolved an accuracy issue that was introduced in the last Beta update. New software features supporting additional languages were included in the beta before the test plan for those features was complete (it is a beta after all). Subsequent testing identified the accuracy issue and corrections made. These new tests have been incorporated into our regression testing to prevent future accuracy issues.
· Added Double-Tap-to-Edit and Cursor Restore
· Added microphone button (QWERTY only. Requires Google Voice Search be pre-integrated in your phone’s ROM)
· Added French & EXPERIMENTAL Chinese Pinyin languages
· Modified new word priority defaults. The word-choice-window will now be ordered more intelligently when encountering custom dictionary words
· Fixed a bug where an extra space would be added when replacing a word by Swyping after opening the word choice window
· Improved the "Hidden-Word" dialog handling so it doesn't show up as often (more improvements to this next time)
· Improved prediction when handling various path collisions
· Lots of minor bug fixes
SWYPE INSTALLER v.1.1.14896:
· Revised installer workflow. Users can now enable Swype and select it as the default input method from within the Swype installer.
· The installer now includes a repair feature. If a previous installation failed, or if the existing Swype BETA installation is broken (missing/corrupt license, etc), the installer will attempt to resume the installation process and repair any broken elements.
· Clarified error messages to give a more accurate description of the specific problem encountered.
· Added links to the tutorial and tips-and-tricks videos to the end of the installation.
SWYPE INSTALLER v.1.1.14002:
· Converted installer from "application" to "service", preventing the premature death of the installer in low-memory situations
· Added update notification. Users will be notified when launching the installer if a new version is available.
· Added notification to inform users if Swype is already installed at app launch, instead of halfway through the process.
· Added support for landscape screen orientation
Keyboard Green Neon Our very creative designer team created a brand new keyboard theme, especially for you: KEYBOARD GREEN NEON! DOWNLOAD Keyboard Green Neon NOW and upgrade your smartphone display with electric shades of green you will enjoy to see every time you pick up your phone!
Matchmaker Keyboard Do you like puzzles? If your answer is yes, then you should check out our new theme, created by our very talented designers, MATCHMAKER KEYBOARD! DOWNLOAD Matchmaker Keyboard NOW and complete the puzzle!
Keyboard Pink Cheetah 2.0 Our very talented designer team created just the theme for you, animal print lover: KEYBOARD PINK CHEETAH 2.0! DOWNLOAD Keyboard Pink Cheetah 2.0 NOW and enjoy these awesome soft pink nuances and wild print graphics every time you grab your phone!
Pink Keyboard Cheetah Color Our innovative designers are in the mood for something wild, so they created our latest pink theme: PINK KEYBOARD CHEETAH COLOR! DOWNLOAD Pink Keyboard Cheetah Color NOW and prepare to be amazed by these awesome pink animal printed graphics!
Shiny Blue Keyboard We are very excited to present our latest theme: SHINY BLUE KEYBOARD! DOWNLOAD Shiny Blue Keyboard NOW and let the enchanting sweet graphics created by our very talented designers give your smartphone a dose of extra blue fun!
Better Keyboard: Avatar Slate Skin for Better Keyboard featuring a glossy feel. You must download app "Better Keyboard" to apply, this addon is free but "Better Keyboard" is $2.99 Don't rate low if you don't have better keyboard, don't be a troll
Colorz Love Keyboard We are very excited to present our latest theme: COLORZ LOVE KEYBOARD! DOWNLOAD Colorz Love Keyboard NOW and let the powerful red and white graphics take over your smartphone display and show everyone just how much you enjoy being in love!
Color Skin For Keyboard We have a brand new theme for those of you who love rainbows: COLOR SKIN FOR KEYBOARD! DOWNLOAD Color Skin For Keyboard NOW and upgrade your smartphone display with this splash of colors shades our very creative designers put together especially for you!
Zebra Keypad Free We are very happy to share with you our latest keyboard theme release: ZEBRA KEYPAD FREE! DOWNLOAD Zebra Keypad Free NOW and make your display more fun with the funky original combination of design and graphics that will make your smartphone your favorite accessory!
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.0 |
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on Swype:
Date: 29 Sep 16
Date: 5 Apr 16
Date: 29 Jul 14
please can some one help me out ,some one swype on my phone severally and got lock,i try to open no way,am ask to use google accnt to open but the system does not accept the google account,what can i do to open the phone
Date: 6 Jan 14
Thank you so so much
Date: 25 Nov 13
Date: 5 Nov 13
Date: 5 Jul 13
Date: 14 Apr 13
Date: 6 Feb 13
Very good.skype softwere on supports do i8530 galaxy beam.
Date: 12 Jan 13
Date: 5 Jan 13
It's very conveneon
Date: 8 Dec 12
Date: 28 Nov 12
Date: 21 Oct 12
i want to free themes galaxy pocket GT - s5300
Date: 10 Oct 12
samsung galaxy mini GT-S5570 how to use change Chinese word to key in message
Date: 17 Aug 12
nicky joyce estrada:
Date: 2 Feb 12
Date: 29 Dec 11
tenho um a853 e nao consigo ter acesso a nenhum aplicativo...... aguem pod min dar uma sugestao de como instalar novos?
Date: 21 Dec 11
Date: 12 Dec 11
Doesn't work on LG Optimus
Date: 15 Oct 11
Date: 6 Sep 11
how to install it on the p500 phone its just zip file and extracts that how to istall it????
Date: 27 Jun 11
will this software work on LG Optimus One (P500)
Date: 25 Mar 11
I got tips on installing the Swype on my ideos phone from [B]TipsRing[/B] website, and now swype is working on it.
Date: 21 Feb 11
I installed the Swype on my ideos phone from here, and it is working.