Classic Text To Speech Engine - natural sounding voices in 25 languages
Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.
Over 40 voices in 25 languages available.
The voices sound great with Google Navigation on Android 2.2. Other great apps using voice output are TalkToMe Classic, Moon+ Reader, ezPDF, Good Morning, and WakeVoice. Browse
The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40 voices. Voice packages need to be purchased separately.
After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable as follows:
1) Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
2) Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
3) Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a voice for your language.
- Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
- If you receive error code -18 when trying to install a voice, the installation fails because of a locked file. Solutions are to download a file manager app such as OI File Manager and remove “/mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec” or an empty folder named “.android_secure”. Navigate up from sdcard/ to mnt/, then down into secure/ and asec/ and delete smdl2tmp1.asec. Another solution is to remove or unmount your SD card and install the voice to your internal memory. After successfully installing the voice from Android Market (finally!) move the voice from internal memory to the SD card using Android Settings -> Applications and start the app.
Echoes Of The Bay Echoes Of The Bay is the magic music box of Davy Jones. It can give you mystical powers to find any amazingly beautiful music that you want to hear. You can listen this powerful music box for free... but Davy Jones need more souls, so you can help him by saying about this unique stuff to your friends
Grooveshark Grooveshark gives you access to millions of songs, streamed right to your phone. Search for the songs you want, save playlists, and Favorite the tunes you love. The app requires a $3/month vip subscription for full access, but includes a hassle-free trial
MicDroid 1.0 If you've been waiting for the iPhone's famous I Am T-Pain app to make it to Android, you should try out MicDroid!
JaFool Fonejacker SoundBoard This app features many of the hilarious sound-bytes from Jafool - a character created by the fonejacker on channel 4 (UK)
Stereo Test Are your headphones on backwards? Is it too dark, or too inconvenient to physically check?Use Stereo Test to quickly verify that you're getting the correct audio channel sent to each ear or speaker. Hear your music & video how it was supposed to be heard: Left-left; Right-right.0.9
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on Classic Text To Speech Engine:
Date: 12 Apr 12
David H. Ratliff:
You idiots, the seatcj was for speech to text not text to speech
Date: 26 Feb 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS