BlueGPS4Droid is an application for using an external Bluetooth GPS on Android devices.
The application starts a service, then connects to a Bluetooth device (NMEA GPS) and creates a mock GPS provider which can be used to replace the internal GPS.
It's also possible to log the external GPS NMEA data in a file on the device.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: correction in SiRF options summary description (English, French, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish)
· Bug fix: correction in NMEA checksum calculation
· Bugfix: NMEA sentences without checksum weren't correctly parsed
· Update copyright info in source and about app message
What's New in 1.2.5:
· Add Russian translation (thanks to skleroz)
What's New in 1.2.2:
· BlueGps4Droid version 1.2.2 for Cupcake and Donuts - Do not use with Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread !!!
· Bluetooth support is provided using the backport-android-bluetooth package
· Add an option to force auto-activation of the chosen location provider (useful when the device defines a GPS provider but doesn't provide the preferences used to enable/disable it).
· Update copyright infos.
· Decrease the alleged power consumption of the bluetooth GPS (so now bluetooth GPS should consume less power than internal GPS).
· Change default retries number before auto-closing BlueGPS4Droid.
· Bug fix (Ticket #5: BlueGPS loops forever when SIRF is enabled but connection cannot be established).
· Bug fixed (Ticket #6: Cannot add mock provider if it exists already).
· Closing of bluetooth connection improvements.
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Add Spanish translation.
· Change launcher and notification icons
What's New in 1.2.0:
· Add SiRF configuration management (NMEA sentences - SBAS - Static Navigation)
· Add verifications: if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled, the service is not started.
· Add alert messages to explain why the service cannot be started if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled
· If device doesn't have an internal GPS, the bluetooth GPS provider is enabled automatically
· Add an about window that gives the version of application, licensing information and where the sources may be downloaded
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «herbert1»:
BeBack Light BeBack Light - A GPS tracking and voice navigation utility economizing the battery charge.Suitable for hunters, fishers or other adventure finders: allows to walk straight to the target point with free hands according to the voice pointers, having your PDA in a pocket with the switched off screen and saving the battery charge on the way
Radardroid Lite GPS speed camera warning application for Android devices. Radardroid will give a visual and audible warning when you approach any fixed or mobile speed camera in the application database. This application will give you advanced warning of possible danger ahead and will reduce possible speeding tickets thanks to the ever increasing available features
Open GPS Tracker Open Source recording, storing and accessing of your routes: Open GPS TrackerAn application that can track your travels of your Android by storing your GPS locations. Draws the route real-time on either Google or OSM maps
Locate Resources 1. Locate Resources tracks, monitors and manages an individual or group of people for operational and safety security reasons
amAze (Motorola) AmAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America, Australia and parts of Asia and Africa
Cell Tower Locator This application attempts to find the cellular tower location the mobile is connected to
CopsAlarm No more tickets Show where the hiding police are on Google Map As well as speed cam,red light locations Lite shows police,red lights only
iTrackMe (Android) iTrackMe (Android) is a Family GPS Tracker that allows parents to track loved ones using their phones. iTrackMe consists of a web portal (iTrackMe.net) that allows parents to see the location of their kids in real-time on a map and a small mobile application running on the kids' mobile phones. Parents can define safety zones (school, mall, etc
Redpin The aim of the Redpin project is to create an open source system that allows indoor positioning up to room-level description using mobile phones
Trip Journal Lite Trip Journal Lite is the ultimate trip tracking, recording, documenting and sharing solution that is currently available for Android phones
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on BlueGPS4Droid:
yes i have. but google maps can't find my locatio
Date: 28 Mar 13
Hi, Has anyone managed to install this app?
Date: 18 Mar 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS