TalkBack is a screen reader that provides spoken feedback when
using native Android applications. Usage:
1. Go to Settings -> Accessibility
2. Check the "Accessibility" and "TalkBack" checkboxes
-Does not run if accessibility is disabled
-Is part of the Android system and cannot be uninstalled
What's New in This Release:
· Earcons and TTS pitch changes to indicate text formatting
· Automatic scrolling of lists during linear navigation
· Spells text replacements after speaking them
· Moved granularity selection to the local context menu
· Gestures previously used for cycling reading granularity can be used to jump to the first or last item on screen
· Stability improvements to the explore by touch tutorial
· Bug fixes
What's New in 3.3.2:
· Fixes an issue with pausing feedback multiple times
· Granularities now supported in quick navigation
· Improved handling of the proximity sensor as the screen turns on
· Improved Korean translations
What's New in 3.3.1:
· Improved spoken feedback during text editing
· Better handling of multiple items in local context menus
· TalkBack remains silent during voice searches and dictation
· More concise screen-off announcement
· Improved handling of keyboard navigation on some devices
· Added force threshold options for "Shake to start continuous reading"
· Speaks focused items again when explored
What's New in 3.3.0:
On all Android versions:
· New auditory icons
· Option to duck application audio while speaking
· Unlabeled items are numerically labeled
Android 4.1 and above:
· Continuous reading moved to the global context menu.
· "Quick Navigation" within that menu allows for navigation by a circular menu.
· Local context menu, for easier navigation of some items
· Structured browsing of web content in the local context menu
· Experimental "Single tap selection" and "Shake to read" options
What's New in 3.2.1:
· Full-screen reading menu available from the up-then-right gesture on Jelly Bean devices
· Long-pressing the search button can be assigned to the TalkBack global context menu
· TalkBack can be temporarily suspended from the global context menu
· TalkBack settings can be accessed directly from the global context menu
· Added option to customize echoing text input
· Other minor bug fixes
What's New in 3.1.3:
· Fixed proximity sensor bug for supported devices
· Additional support for speaking symbols
· Echos words after typing space character
· Fixed stuck accessibility focus in Android 4.1+
· Fixed grouping of scrollable items in Android 4.0+
· Other bug fixes
What's New in 2.7.7:
· Previous release had a minor build issue. This release is just a fix for that.
What's New in 2.7.4:
· Bug fixes.
What's New in 2.7.2:
· Accessible touch keyboard with review functionality
· Fixed several crash-causing bugs
· Added tutorial dialog on first use
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Eyes-Free Project»:
eSpeak for Android eSpeak for Android - Port of the eSpeak engine that runs on Android.
To enable it:
1. Menu > Settings > Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings
2. Check "eSpeak TTS".
3. Set your "Default Engine" to "eSpeak TTS"
Eyes-Free Keyboard Eyes-Free Keyboard - An augmented version of the Gingerbread on-screen keyboard that provides enhanced low-vision accessibility
Eyes-Free Shell Eyes-Free Shell turns your Android into an eyes-free communication device.
Provides one-touch access to Android applications, as well as useful mini-apps built into the Eyes-Free Shell.
Move your finger over the screen to explore; lift your finger up to run what you stopped on
mem Match the sequence of flashing colors and sounds! What's the longest sequence that you can get? Try the "mini mem" widget! All the fun of the full-sized game, now available on your home screen! Menu > Add > Widgets > mini mem
Text-To-Speech Extended Text-To-Speech Extended - This is a text-to-speech library for use by other applications.
It extends the functionality of the Android TTS API & is a preview of things to come for the next version.
Press "Menu" on the settings screen for a showcase of applications that use TTS.
If you have problems, please try removing your SD card and putting it back
Click, Link, Compete Click, Link, Compete - Click, Link, Compete aims to make multiplayer gaming simple on Android.
See website for details.
Note: This library comes with a head-to-head air hockey game as a demo app
Talking Compass Talking Compass speaks your current heading and provides haptic feedback as your cross over any of the cardinal directions.
Touch the screen to hear your heading. Stroke the screen up/down to adjust verbosity
Simple Comic Viewer Is a simple comic viewer. Function - Tap, Double Tap, Flick, Pinch In/Out - Bookmark
Reader Widget Free 3 Google Reader widgets in 1Features:Small, medium and large sizesLarge shows headlines, tap text to see sortable listChoose tag/siteLaunch Webview/Greed/Browser optionsGoogle Reader account requiredFor more see ubikapps
My Bookstore My Bookstore - This program gives the possibility to create a list of books to buy or simply to read or to remember
Ebook Reader Ebook Reader by S4BB Limited.Note: Can only be used with S4BB ebooks
PalmBookReader PalmBookReader is a simple PDB ebook reader. You can read the palm book(.pdb) on your Android device, but it only supports the text, no image and no eReader and iSilo format.
How to use:
1. choose a default charset
2. put you pdb books
3. menu->sync sd
4. click books name
Bluefire Reader Download our FREE app and start reading your favorite eBooks on your Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.1 and beyond devices!
Mobo Read Mobo Read - A powerful reader that gives you a more creative reading experience with various turning effects, it’s almost like reading a real book. Create your own private library with this simple application
Bayan Quran Reader Important: In order to use Bayan you need to have Adobe Air installed on your device.Bayan Quran Reader is a quranic content management system which is avalaible for Android devices.Bayan has some specific features:. Othmani calligraphy according to Medina Mushaf
Ragecomic Reader Rage Comic Reader delivers FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU comics to your android. Featuring reddit's best comics: rage guy, trollface, melvin, me gusta, forever alone, and more. AKA: rage faces, troll face, rageface, angry face, coolface, f7u12 Problem? Tell us about it
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on TalkBack:
dosu khan itada barmer:
Date: 3 Aug 16
Google Talkback Not sppoted
Date: 19 Jul 15
droga o meu androide fico lento demais para mecher nele tenho tenho que tentar varias vezes a baixo e cima
Date: 7 Jan 14
Date: 31 May 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS