DHD Proximity Sensor Recalibrator Due to many DHD's being incorrectly factory calibrated with regards to the proximity sensor, this little app was written to allow one to change the calibration on-the-fly and persist it over reboots.
This app is specifically for those experience issues with the proximity sensor.
Well known symptoms include the following:
- Screen fails to turn off when holding to face on a call
- Screen does turn off when holding to face on a call, but fails to come back on, requiring taking out the battery
These problems are common in custom kernels/ROM's. HTC has addressed this issue however in their kernels from 1.32 onwards, but have failed to release Linux kernel source code for any new versions (latest source is pre-1.32).
1. Install app.
2. Run app.
3. Press the toggle button to start monitoring.
4. Move your finger over the proximity sensor (the little LED next to the front facing speaker).
5. Adjust the High and Low threshold values to your liking.
For those whose screen does not turn off, it probably means the factory values are set too high.
For those whose screen does not turn back on, it probably means the factory values are set too low.
The setting will be saved, and will be applied every time you reboot your phone. No need to go through any of the steps unless you want to change the calibration. When the settings are applied at boot time, you will get a toasty indicating the calibration value applied.
If for whatever reason you find the application does not work, or you do not want it anymore, just uninstall the app, and reboot. Your original factory settings will be in effect again. This application does not modify your system and does not require root rights.
What's New in This Release:
· Fix issues with sensor listener not getting disabled
What's New in 1.8:
· Correct boot permissions for ICS
· Prevent app from being installed on SD card (which will cause issues)
What's New in 1.6:
· Added support for calling 'su' when permissions are wrong.
What's New in 1.5:
· Only for CM7 users. Use nightly 92 or above. This includes the necessary kernel patch.
· Should work on SENSE with custom kernel. Apply patch (or ask your kernel 'builder' to do so).
· Removed Beer button due to paypal policy...
What's New in 1.4:
· Added some alert dialogs to aid with the problems people are experiencing. (In case of error, please note both the title text, and the first few lines in the text of the alert dialog.)
What's New in 1.3:
· Add some better handling when something goes not as planned (likely on non-DHD hardware)
What's New in 1.2:
· Removed amount from Paypal, feel free to donate whatever you feel like
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «leppie»:
MySettings Quickly enable or disable different settings
iBulb Swing the phone upward to turn on/off the light
Google Android 1.0 |
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on DHD Proximity Sensor Recalibrator:
Date: 19 Jun 16
Huawei y360-u31, Kernel not supported -ps_kadc not found.
Date: 21 Mar 16
i wana problem display htc cha-cha a-810,dislay lower side not working,plz help me
Date: 23 Dec 13
kernel not supported.... can some one help?
Date: 28 Nov 13
More infotmation about how the sensor works and other detail functions about this phone works
Date: 20 Nov 13
Razr D3 user:
Does not work on Motorola Razr D3 (XT920).
Date: 4 Oct 13
lg p970 optimus black 404
Kernel not supported -ps_kadc not found
Can you solve these errors Thanks
Date: 8 Aug 13
i have the problem with the huawei asdend d1 isn't hardware portion?
Date: 3 Jul 13
Tengo problema con mi sensor
Date: 15 Jun 13
Date: 18 Mar 13
same error here.. trash app..
Date: 20 Feb 13
HTC Sensation XL (Android 4.0.3, Software No 2.31.401.2 Kernel Ver 3.0.16-gc297c99 htc-kernel@u18000-build-144#1) GET: "-ps_polling_ignore not found". Doesnt work!
Date: 5 Jan 13
Samsung Galaxy Spica : Not worked (Kernel not supported -ps_kadc not found)
Date: 5 Jan 13
My ZTE blade's sensor is not working.i mean..the keys are paralysed...the touch at the extreme right side are not working...what to do to make the sensor work?