BlueGPS4Droid is an application for using an external Bluetooth GPS on Android devices.
The application starts a service, then connects to a Bluetooth device (NMEA GPS) and creates a mock GPS provider which can be used to replace the internal GPS.
It's also possible to log the external GPS NMEA data in a file on the device.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: correction in SiRF options summary description (English, French, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish)
· Bug fix: correction in NMEA checksum calculation
· Bugfix: NMEA sentences without checksum weren't correctly parsed
· Update copyright info in source and about app message
What's New in 1.2.5:
· Add Russian translation (thanks to skleroz)
What's New in 1.2.2:
· BlueGps4Droid version 1.2.2 for Cupcake and Donuts - Do not use with Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread !!!
· Bluetooth support is provided using the backport-android-bluetooth package
· Add an option to force auto-activation of the chosen location provider (useful when the device defines a GPS provider but doesn't provide the preferences used to enable/disable it).
· Update copyright infos.
· Decrease the alleged power consumption of the bluetooth GPS (so now bluetooth GPS should consume less power than internal GPS).
· Change default retries number before auto-closing BlueGPS4Droid.
· Bug fix (Ticket #5: BlueGPS loops forever when SIRF is enabled but connection cannot be established).
· Bug fixed (Ticket #6: Cannot add mock provider if it exists already).
· Closing of bluetooth connection improvements.
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Add Spanish translation.
· Change launcher and notification icons
What's New in 1.2.0:
· Add SiRF configuration management (NMEA sentences - SBAS - Static Navigation)
· Add verifications: if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled, the service is not started.
· Add alert messages to explain why the service cannot be started if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled
· If device doesn't have an internal GPS, the bluetooth GPS provider is enabled automatically
· Add an about window that gives the version of application, licensing information and where the sources may be downloaded
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «herbert1»:
MapMe MapMe allows mobile users to locate their position via GPS. If the users move beyond specific range or distance, the application will automatically display the location on a map
amAze (Samsung) AmAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America, Australia and parts of Asia and Africa
PinPoint UPDATE - Google maps link sent with email A simple way to send someone your current location. - Finds your current location and displays a map with your address - Send via email, SMS or MMS
MMNearBy Want to find the nearest ATM, DrugStore, Cafe & Tea?
Radardroid Lite GPS speed camera warning application for Android devices. Radardroid will give a visual and audible warning when you approach any fixed or mobile speed camera in the application database. This application will give you advanced warning of possible danger ahead and will reduce possible speeding tickets thanks to the ever increasing available features
LocationFinder LocationFinder is a LBS application. Through this application you can search any location in map. Click anywhere in map and you find the area, nearest city and country. Apart from this, user can edit any location for search and can see the location in map
Cell Tower Locator This application attempts to find the cellular tower location the mobile is connected to
GPS Widget GPS Widget - This widget simply shows your current location in numbers. Latitude and Longitude are received from the GPS location provider or from the network location provider if GPS is not available.
The altitude is queried from open MapQuest API which yields in a more accurate result than receiving the altitude by GPS
GPS Signal Widget GPS Signal Widget - Do you get tired waiting for the GPS location to be available? With this tool you can check out the GPS satellites and the signal strength in just a nice 1X1 widget.
The spokes in the widget represents the satellites and the length of the spokes is a measure of the signal strength.
Enable or disable the widget by tapping on the widget
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on BlueGPS4Droid:
yes i have. but google maps can't find my locatio
Date: 28 Mar 13
Hi, Has anyone managed to install this app?
Date: 18 Mar 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS