TalkBack is a screen reader that provides spoken feedback when
using native Android applications. Usage:
1. Go to Settings -> Accessibility
2. Check the "Accessibility" and "TalkBack" checkboxes
-Does not run if accessibility is disabled
-Is part of the Android system and cannot be uninstalled
What's New in This Release:
· Earcons and TTS pitch changes to indicate text formatting
· Automatic scrolling of lists during linear navigation
· Spells text replacements after speaking them
· Moved granularity selection to the local context menu
· Gestures previously used for cycling reading granularity can be used to jump to the first or last item on screen
· Stability improvements to the explore by touch tutorial
· Bug fixes
What's New in 3.3.2:
· Fixes an issue with pausing feedback multiple times
· Granularities now supported in quick navigation
· Improved handling of the proximity sensor as the screen turns on
· Improved Korean translations
What's New in 3.3.1:
· Improved spoken feedback during text editing
· Better handling of multiple items in local context menus
· TalkBack remains silent during voice searches and dictation
· More concise screen-off announcement
· Improved handling of keyboard navigation on some devices
· Added force threshold options for "Shake to start continuous reading"
· Speaks focused items again when explored
What's New in 3.3.0:
On all Android versions:
· New auditory icons
· Option to duck application audio while speaking
· Unlabeled items are numerically labeled
Android 4.1 and above:
· Continuous reading moved to the global context menu.
· "Quick Navigation" within that menu allows for navigation by a circular menu.
· Local context menu, for easier navigation of some items
· Structured browsing of web content in the local context menu
· Experimental "Single tap selection" and "Shake to read" options
What's New in 3.2.1:
· Full-screen reading menu available from the up-then-right gesture on Jelly Bean devices
· Long-pressing the search button can be assigned to the TalkBack global context menu
· TalkBack can be temporarily suspended from the global context menu
· TalkBack settings can be accessed directly from the global context menu
· Added option to customize echoing text input
· Other minor bug fixes
What's New in 3.1.3:
· Fixed proximity sensor bug for supported devices
· Additional support for speaking symbols
· Echos words after typing space character
· Fixed stuck accessibility focus in Android 4.1+
· Fixed grouping of scrollable items in Android 4.0+
· Other bug fixes
What's New in 2.7.7:
· Previous release had a minor build issue. This release is just a fix for that.
What's New in 2.7.4:
· Bug fixes.
What's New in 2.7.2:
· Accessible touch keyboard with review functionality
· Fixed several crash-causing bugs
· Added tutorial dialog on first use
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Eyes-Free Project»:
Text-To-Speech Extended Text-To-Speech Extended - This is a text-to-speech library for use by other applications.
It extends the functionality of the Android TTS API & is a preview of things to come for the next version.
Press "Menu" on the settings screen for a showcase of applications that use TTS.
If you have problems, please try removing your SD card and putting it back
mem Match the sequence of flashing colors and sounds! What's the longest sequence that you can get? Try the "mini mem" widget! All the fun of the full-sized game, now available on your home screen! Menu > Add > Widgets > mini mem
Eyes-Free Keyboard Eyes-Free Keyboard - An augmented version of the Gingerbread on-screen keyboard that provides enhanced low-vision accessibility
Talking Dialer Talking Dialer - slide your finger in the direction of the number you want - always starting at 5, you can then go up and to the left for 1, or down and to the right for 9, and so on.
Press Menu to access your Phonebook. Press the Dial button to call
Talking Compass Talking Compass speaks your current heading and provides haptic feedback as your cross over any of the cardinal directions.
Touch the screen to hear your heading. Stroke the screen up/down to adjust verbosity
eSpeak for Android eSpeak for Android - Port of the eSpeak engine that runs on Android.
To enable it:
1. Menu > Settings > Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings
2. Check "eSpeak TTS".
3. Set your "Default Engine" to "eSpeak TTS"
Eyes-Free Shell Eyes-Free Shell turns your Android into an eyes-free communication device.
Provides one-touch access to Android applications, as well as useful mini-apps built into the Eyes-Free Shell.
Move your finger over the screen to explore; lift your finger up to run what you stopped on
Click, Link, Compete Click, Link, Compete - Click, Link, Compete aims to make multiplayer gaming simple on Android.
See website for details.
Note: This library comes with a head-to-head air hockey game as a demo app
My Reader My Reader provides a way to read txt files on the sdcard, with a flow action to go to previous and next page
AveComics AveComics, all your comics in your pocket! AveComics has some features that make it different from other comic book apps and website. Over 1500 titles available... and counting 60 international publishers
Full reader + Full reader+ - is an application for reading books offering many functions and animated turning of pages. You can listen to audio books. Day and night reading modes are available as well as embedded translator, fast search of a fragment and other useful things. A user can create quotations and share them in social networks
VuDroid VuDroid is a DjVu and PDF document viewer based on code base of DjvuDroid and PdfDroid viewers
FullReader+ FullReader is a free universal reader for Android; the functionality of Full Reader embraces everything necessary
Universal Book Reader Universal Book Reader - Universal Book Reader allows you to read your favorite EPUB or PDF ebooks anytime, anywhere right on your Android smartphone or tablet. The app comes with an integrated file browser that enables you to find ebooks stored in the internal memory of your device or on the SD card
Manga Manga is a simple application built to deliver Mangas directly to your phone
JReader JReader - JReader is an offline Google Reader client for Android. It is optimized for fast RSS reading. All you need to use the app is a Google account and Google Reader with subscribed feeds. JReader features watched item notifications, so you won't miss important news, and filters that ensure you will never read the news you are not interested in
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on TalkBack:
dosu khan itada barmer:
Date: 3 Aug 16
Google Talkback Not sppoted
Date: 19 Jul 15
droga o meu androide fico lento demais para mecher nele tenho tenho que tentar varias vezes a baixo e cima
Date: 7 Jan 14
Date: 31 May 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS