BlueGPS4Droid is an application for using an external Bluetooth GPS on Android devices.
The application starts a service, then connects to a Bluetooth device (NMEA GPS) and creates a mock GPS provider which can be used to replace the internal GPS.
It's also possible to log the external GPS NMEA data in a file on the device.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: correction in SiRF options summary description (English, French, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish)
· Bug fix: correction in NMEA checksum calculation
· Bugfix: NMEA sentences without checksum weren't correctly parsed
· Update copyright info in source and about app message
What's New in 1.2.5:
· Add Russian translation (thanks to skleroz)
What's New in 1.2.2:
· BlueGps4Droid version 1.2.2 for Cupcake and Donuts - Do not use with Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread !!!
· Bluetooth support is provided using the backport-android-bluetooth package
· Add an option to force auto-activation of the chosen location provider (useful when the device defines a GPS provider but doesn't provide the preferences used to enable/disable it).
· Update copyright infos.
· Decrease the alleged power consumption of the bluetooth GPS (so now bluetooth GPS should consume less power than internal GPS).
· Change default retries number before auto-closing BlueGPS4Droid.
· Bug fix (Ticket #5: BlueGPS loops forever when SIRF is enabled but connection cannot be established).
· Bug fixed (Ticket #6: Cannot add mock provider if it exists already).
· Closing of bluetooth connection improvements.
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Add Spanish translation.
· Change launcher and notification icons
What's New in 1.2.0:
· Add SiRF configuration management (NMEA sentences - SBAS - Static Navigation)
· Add verifications: if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled, the service is not started.
· Add alert messages to explain why the service cannot be started if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled
· If device doesn't have an internal GPS, the bluetooth GPS provider is enabled automatically
· Add an about window that gives the version of application, licensing information and where the sources may be downloaded
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «herbert1»:
Wireless Info Know more about your GPS, Phone, Wifi and Bluetooth connection
Turbo GPS Turbo GPS - The known all-in-one GPS and Sensor manager, now for Android.
Supports waypoints, tracks, sensors, compass, import/export, routes, 3D map and more.
What's New in This Release:
· Less size
· Updated Map when Tracks are drawn
· Fixed bug when Running track (direction arrow)
Waze: Community GPS navigation Waze: Community GPS navigation - Waze is a free, 100% user-generated, social navigation app that allows drivers to build and use live maps & real-time traffic updates to improve their daily commute
Locate Resources 1. Locate Resources tracks, monitors and manages an individual or group of people for operational and safety security reasons
GoPenS GoPenS is an OpenSource GPS application for Android phones, based on OpenStreetMap (OSM). OpenStreetMap is a collaborative map of the world. Therefore, one of the main functions of the application is to be able to record a trace and send it as a GPX to the OSM servers, and so edit the OSM Map
AlpineQuest Lite AlpineQuest turns your Android device into an off-road GPS using offline topo maps
Geocast A location and multimedia enabled file sharing application
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on BlueGPS4Droid:
yes i have. but google maps can't find my locatio
Date: 28 Mar 13
Hi, Has anyone managed to install this app?
Date: 18 Mar 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS