BlueGPS4Droid is an application for using an external Bluetooth GPS on Android devices.
The application starts a service, then connects to a Bluetooth device (NMEA GPS) and creates a mock GPS provider which can be used to replace the internal GPS.
It's also possible to log the external GPS NMEA data in a file on the device.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: correction in SiRF options summary description (English, French, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish)
· Bug fix: correction in NMEA checksum calculation
· Bugfix: NMEA sentences without checksum weren't correctly parsed
· Update copyright info in source and about app message
What's New in 1.2.5:
· Add Russian translation (thanks to skleroz)
What's New in 1.2.2:
· BlueGps4Droid version 1.2.2 for Cupcake and Donuts - Do not use with Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread !!!
· Bluetooth support is provided using the backport-android-bluetooth package
· Add an option to force auto-activation of the chosen location provider (useful when the device defines a GPS provider but doesn't provide the preferences used to enable/disable it).
· Update copyright infos.
· Decrease the alleged power consumption of the bluetooth GPS (so now bluetooth GPS should consume less power than internal GPS).
· Change default retries number before auto-closing BlueGPS4Droid.
· Bug fix (Ticket #5: BlueGPS loops forever when SIRF is enabled but connection cannot be established).
· Bug fixed (Ticket #6: Cannot add mock provider if it exists already).
· Closing of bluetooth connection improvements.
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Add Spanish translation.
· Change launcher and notification icons
What's New in 1.2.0:
· Add SiRF configuration management (NMEA sentences - SBAS - Static Navigation)
· Add verifications: if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled, the service is not started.
· Add alert messages to explain why the service cannot be started if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled
· If device doesn't have an internal GPS, the bluetooth GPS provider is enabled automatically
· Add an about window that gives the version of application, licensing information and where the sources may be downloaded
Location Logger Why do you need Location Logger application?
- Track, monitor and manage an individual or group of people for operational and safety security reasons
GPShake Lite With GPShake you can track your GPS location, create GPX files, whenever you want with a shake of your phone
amAze (Motorola) AmAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America, Australia and parts of Asia and Africa
WeWhere - Find Friends This app is a program to check the location of your friends in real time. ** IPhone users can share with. [How to] 1. Click "Request" in settings menu after logging in
GPSLocatorFree View your location on the map. Save or share your location. Always know where you are
Android FindMyCar Innovative software for Android devices that uses the GPS signal to show signs that allow to reach a geographic location
GpsFix Must have GPS application for your Android Phone. GpsFix helps to decrease the time required to obtain a position fix. It keeps GPS/AGPS receiver turned on until location is fixed
Android Location Android Location is your free, location-aware, mobile social network
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on BlueGPS4Droid:
yes i have. but google maps can't find my locatio
Date: 28 Mar 13
Hi, Has anyone managed to install this app?
Date: 18 Mar 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS