Classic Text To Speech Engine - natural sounding voices in 25 languages
Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.
Over 40 voices in 25 languages available.
The voices sound great with Google Navigation on Android 2.2. Other great apps using voice output are TalkToMe Classic, Moon+ Reader, ezPDF, Good Morning, and WakeVoice. Browse
The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40 voices. Voice packages need to be purchased separately.
After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable as follows:
1) Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
2) Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
3) Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a voice for your language.
- Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
- If you receive error code -18 when trying to install a voice, the installation fails because of a locked file. Solutions are to download a file manager app such as OI File Manager and remove “/mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec” or an empty folder named “.android_secure”. Navigate up from sdcard/ to mnt/, then down into secure/ and asec/ and delete smdl2tmp1.asec. Another solution is to remove or unmount your SD card and install the voice to your internal memory. After successfully installing the voice from Android Market (finally!) move the voice from internal memory to the SD card using Android Settings -> Applications and start the app.
Other Android Freeware of Developer «SVOX Mobile Voices»:
Mp3 Cutter & Ringtone Maker Make your own tone with Mp3 Cutter for iPhone Music Users. This entertaining android app lets you cut out your favourite part from your favourite song and help you make it your favourite ringtone. You can also create your own notification and alarm tone with this fascinating free app
Garmin Voice Studio Garmin Voice Studio - Customize your Garmin-Asus phone with turn-by-turn voice directions from family and friends.
Easily create and edit Garmin navigation prompts in many languages on your phone. Share your voices with others with Garmin-Asus phones as well as Garmin nüvis.
It's a great way to add some more personality to your Android phone
Audio Digest Version 1.0.1 Bug Fixes: - Programs can now be properly deleted after Post Test completion For over 55 years, Audio Digest has provided the most convenient way to stay up to date on current, relevant, and unbiased scientific and clinical information
Burps and Sneeze Burps and Sneeze makes your mobile phone burp, sneeze and cough with different realistic and funny sounds!
A timer provides a time-delayed burp action! Just imagine your friend's reaction when you joke on him by putting the phone under his chair with enabled timer
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on Classic Text To Speech Engine:
Date: 12 Apr 12
David H. Ratliff:
You idiots, the seatcj was for speech to text not text to speech
Date: 26 Feb 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS