BlueGPS4Droid is an application for using an external Bluetooth GPS on Android devices.
The application starts a service, then connects to a Bluetooth device (NMEA GPS) and creates a mock GPS provider which can be used to replace the internal GPS.
It's also possible to log the external GPS NMEA data in a file on the device.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: correction in SiRF options summary description (English, French, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish)
· Bug fix: correction in NMEA checksum calculation
· Bugfix: NMEA sentences without checksum weren't correctly parsed
· Update copyright info in source and about app message
What's New in 1.2.5:
· Add Russian translation (thanks to skleroz)
What's New in 1.2.2:
· BlueGps4Droid version 1.2.2 for Cupcake and Donuts - Do not use with Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread !!!
· Bluetooth support is provided using the backport-android-bluetooth package
· Add an option to force auto-activation of the chosen location provider (useful when the device defines a GPS provider but doesn't provide the preferences used to enable/disable it).
· Update copyright infos.
· Decrease the alleged power consumption of the bluetooth GPS (so now bluetooth GPS should consume less power than internal GPS).
· Change default retries number before auto-closing BlueGPS4Droid.
· Bug fix (Ticket #5: BlueGPS loops forever when SIRF is enabled but connection cannot be established).
· Bug fixed (Ticket #6: Cannot add mock provider if it exists already).
· Closing of bluetooth connection improvements.
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Add Spanish translation.
· Change launcher and notification icons
What's New in 1.2.0:
· Add SiRF configuration management (NMEA sentences - SBAS - Static Navigation)
· Add verifications: if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled, the service is not started.
· Add alert messages to explain why the service cannot be started if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled
· If device doesn't have an internal GPS, the bluetooth GPS provider is enabled automatically
· Add an about window that gives the version of application, licensing information and where the sources may be downloaded
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «herbert1»:
OpenSatNav OpenSatNav brings open-source satellite navigation to Android handsets.
· All code is open source.
· Global maps and navigation based on OpenStreetMap data
· Navigation by car, bicycle or by foot
Current Location Finder Current Location finder which can be used to locate your location with the aid of a live satellite map you can dynamically (real time) determine ... Use the live satellite maps
I am here I am here - This Android application allows you to share your current location between your friends by sms, e-mail and other communicative programs, which are already installed in your phone.
Also you can send your location to other programs, which can work with text like notes, etc
Garmin Tracker (Android) Garmin Tracker (Android) - Brought to you by the worldwide leader in GPS, Garmin Tracker — combined with a GPS-enabled Garmin tracking device (purchase required) — lets you track what’s important while on the go.
Garmin Tracker is a free, unique application that will help keep tabs on whatever is important to you
GPS OnOff Simple GPS toggle widget (1×1) for Android.
Allows you to toggle On/Off your GPS state with only 1 click instead of 4
Waze: Community GPS navigation Waze: Community GPS navigation - Waze is a free, 100% user-generated, social navigation app that allows drivers to build and use live maps & real-time traffic updates to improve their daily commute
VGPS (Vietnamese GPS) for Android VGPS was designed to use city street map on your ordinary mobile phone without the need of having GPS receiver or internet connection. VGPS does not require internal or external GPS receiver. However, if you have internal GPS receiver or external bluetooth GPS receiver, VGPS can work with your GPS receiver as well
GPS Signal Widget GPS Signal Widget - Do you get tired waiting for the GPS location to be available? With this tool you can check out the GPS satellites and the signal strength in just a nice 1X1 widget.
The spokes in the widget represents the satellites and the length of the spokes is a measure of the signal strength.
Enable or disable the widget by tapping on the widget
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on BlueGPS4Droid:
yes i have. but google maps can't find my locatio
Date: 28 Mar 13
Hi, Has anyone managed to install this app?
Date: 18 Mar 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS