WISER for Android - First responders in general, and HAZMAT units in particular, must make many decisions quickly in handling hazardous-materials incidents. They need accurate information about the hazardous substances, the emergency resources available, and the surrounding environmental conditions to save lives and minimize the impact on the environment and physical property. The WISER application extracts content from TOXNET's Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), an authoritative, peer-reviewed information resource maintained by the National Library of Medicine, and places that information into the hands of those who need it most.
· Rapid access to the most important information about a hazardous substance by an intelligent synopsis engine and display called "Key Info"
· Intuitive, simple, logical user interface developed by working with experienced first responders
· Comprehensive decision support, including guidance on immediate actions necessary to save lives and protect the environment
· Access to NLM's Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), which contains detailed peer-reviewed information on hazardous substances
· User Profiles enable users to specify the role they are currently playing at the scene of an incident: first responder, HAZMAT specialist, or EMS specialist. The key information presented to the user about a substance varies depending on this role, so that the information most relevant to the respective job can be quickly accessed.
· Radiological and biological substance support.
· Mobile support, providing first responders critical information where they need it, when they need it.
What's New in This Release:
· Version 2.0 of WISER for Android integrates Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM) content and updates the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) content to 2012.
· New hospital provider and preparedness planner profiles
· Acute care guidelines for 6 known mass casualty agent classes
· The addition of a wealth of CHEMM reference material
· The new CHEMM Intelligent Syndrome Tool (CHEMM-IST), a tool designed to diagnose the type of chemical exposure after a mass casualty incident
What's New in 1.1:
· Added support for moving application to SD card on Android 2.2 or greater.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «National Library of Medicine (NLM)»:
Balance Your Life for Android Balance Your Life for Android - Software for the right balance.
The game of your life. Collect points of experience for your own action and change your life.
Our life exists of many areas: job, friends, family, health, sport, hobbies, household, partner and many more. To be happy, we try to integrate all areas into our life
SafeKidZone SafeKidZone is a must-have technology that transforms a cell phone into an advanced safety device.
With SafeKidZone your kids can get help within seconds of an emergency situation. Friends, family, neighbors and 911 will be mobilized to protect your kid
PKS on the move Following some research, we found that Africa was one of the continents most needing assistance
PillReminder The license key was extended until end of september 2011! Please upgrade to v1.12, thank you! Important information: We have found a buyer that will further develop the PillReminder app! A new version will be released in the next few weeks :-) ***
JustSit JustSit is designed to help you meditate. It currently runs timers for preparation to meditate and meditation, and allows you to turn off audible ringing and/or the device radios, and keep the screen on while the timer is running.
The name is inspired by the saying: "If you walk, just walk, if you sit, just sit, but whatever you do, don't wobble
Blind (Android) Blind is a free application that enables people with visual disabilities to use options such as: mobile system settings, music, contacts, make a call, send voice messages, read text messages, identify colors, get the current GPS location
Wilkinson Eye Center Securely pay your bill, purchase or refill contact lenses, and reference our offices' contact info
Baby Care Timer Baby Care Timer - Caring for your newborn just got easier!
Baby Care Timer is a timer for parents to track feedings, diaper changes and other important items.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.
What's New in This Release:
· Added French Translations.
· Small bug fixes
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on WISER for Android:
Date: 26 Dec 13
This app is totally bogus. It's not WISER but some type of caller ID thing. Stay away from this.
Date: 29 Oct 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS