Jabbroid allows you to take your XMPP/Jabber account on the road. It has many features like avatar support, geoloc, multi user chats and many more.
· Chat state notification: See when you contacts are typing or have left the chat.
· vCard based avatars: Jabbroid can fetch the avatar from your friends vCards. You can limit this function to WiFi.
· User avatar: Jabbroid also supports avatars which are published via PEP and displays them to you.
· Entity capabilities: This little spec helps to reduce traffic while service discovery
· XMPP Ping: Let others “ping” your client.
· Software version: Let others discover what client you are using.
· Stream compression: Let Jabbroid compress the traffic between the server and your phone.
· Multi user chat: Jabbroid supports basic operations for multi user chats
· Delayed delivery: When you receive a message with delay you can see the time when the message was sent
· User location: Publish your location via PEP and let your friends know where you are
· Private XML Storage. Access your bookmarks to multi user chats easily
· Encryption via TLS
· Easy interface. You can “swipe” between several views and between open chats
· Roster Versioning: Reduces time and amount of data to login you into the server
· Multitouch in map view
· User Nickname: If your contacts don’t have already a meaningful nickname Jabbroid adds a meaningful name to your contacts if they announce one
· OTR support
· Create and delete multi user chat bookmarks
· Very efficient background service
· Backup of settings to the SD and to the cloud on Android 2.2
· Installable to the SD
What's New in This Release:
· This version contains some bug fixes, some performance optimizations and one revamped feature. The most important thing for an instant messaging client on a mobile phone is to stay connected and handle connection errors. In the past Jabbroid had to set the number of retries Jabbroid uses to reestablish the connection. But if you think this through, this doesn’t make sense. The user doesn’t care how often his im client tries to reestablish the connection. All he wants is that his im client does reestablish the connection as soon as it is possible. And Jabbroid does now give the user what he wants. Instead of of specifying the amount of reconnection retries you can now tell Jabbroid to “Stay Connected” in the settings. This option is already the default. Only in cases where authentication issues occur (ie. your account was removed from the server) or the server isn’t capable of handling your request (i.e. overloaded or misconfigured) Jabbroid will stop to connect and inform you about what is going on.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Till Klocke»:
Flirtomatic - Chat Flirt Date Flirtomatic (FREE) - Get with the flirting game! Find your match and flirt away!Download the new Flirtomatic app to find and flirt with millions of real people wherever you are
eBuddy Messenger 3.3.0 Chat everywhere with eBuddy Messenger. Stay always connected with all your friends and family on MSN (Windows Live Messenger or WLM), Facebook, Yahoo!, MySpace, Gtalk (Orkut), ICQ, AIM (AOL) and Hyves
Messenger for Tablet Run official Messenger on your Android Tablet.
Note: it could work or not depending on device.
This app is not official
Badoo Badoo - is an online chat with over one million of users from all over the world
Espier Messages iOS 7 Espier Messages iOS7 - is an interesting alternative for your standard application for sending text messages
UULock The only lock app for chat/messenger support locking Facebook chat heads
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on Jabbroid:
Comments not found
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS