Classic Text To Speech Engine - natural sounding voices in 25 languages
Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.
Over 40 voices in 25 languages available.
The voices sound great with Google Navigation on Android 2.2. Other great apps using voice output are TalkToMe Classic, Moon+ Reader, ezPDF, Good Morning, and WakeVoice. Browse
The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40 voices. Voice packages need to be purchased separately.
After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable as follows:
1) Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
2) Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
3) Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a voice for your language.
- Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
- If you receive error code -18 when trying to install a voice, the installation fails because of a locked file. Solutions are to download a file manager app such as OI File Manager and remove “/mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec” or an empty folder named “.android_secure”. Navigate up from sdcard/ to mnt/, then down into secure/ and asec/ and delete smdl2tmp1.asec. Another solution is to remove or unmount your SD card and install the voice to your internal memory. After successfully installing the voice from Android Market (finally!) move the voice from internal memory to the SD card using Android Settings -> Applications and start the app.
Other Android Freeware of Developer «SVOX Mobile Voices»:
TTSNotifier TTSNotifier - speech notifier for Android phones
Audio Fx Widget AudioFx Widget is a widget that can be applied audio effects to audio output on your multimedia player. Available for Android 2.3 and higher. Features: - 5 band-level equalizer
Voice Search (Android) Voice Search (Android) - Sometimes you need information fast but typing on your phone is inconvenient. This application lets you speak your query instead of typing into Google search.
Tap the microphone icon by the search box, wait for a “Speak now” prompt, and speak - Google search results will appear in your browser
Speak Manager Speak Manager - Text To Speech application for Android. Save up to six text messages as voice. Have them available anytime at your fingertips. Helps deaf people communicate with the outside world. (If you want a widget, try 'Speak It' app instead).
Note: Use commas in text, they really do make a difference. Language depends on your Locale settings
Speaktoit Assistant Speaktoit Assistant - Talking buddy for your smartphone. Answers questions, performs tasks, notifies.
Speaktoit Assistant is a virtual buddy for your Android device that uses natural language technology to answer questions, find information, launch apps and connect you with various web services, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Evernote, and many others
DJ Studio 3 DJ Studio 3 is a virtual DJ with the help of which you will create your own unique tracks
Tub Thumper Tub Thumper is a simple drum machine to play along to your favourite songs. To play, tap each drum on the touch screen in time and make up your favourite beats.
Version 1 features two drum kits, one acoustic and one electronic. Press menu to access the different drum kits.
Pro version coming soon!
0.25 - First release
Sound Meter Sound Meter - Professional sound level meter in your pocket!
1. On some devices the app will NOT WORK because of the way required for Sound Meter app to sample sound from the microphone.
MP3 Amplifier MP3 Amplifier - Amplify MP3 can boost the volume of your MP3 files up to eight times. So, if your music is not loud enough for your taste, this easy to use app will take care of the problem.
Simply select the desired music files, set the amplification factor, and tap the button. The program will create amplified versions of the MP3s in the Music folder on your SD card
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on Classic Text To Speech Engine:
Date: 12 Apr 12
David H. Ratliff:
You idiots, the seatcj was for speech to text not text to speech
Date: 26 Feb 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS