DroidWall - Android Firewall is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall. It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks.
This is the perfect solution if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer.
After installing, press menu and click Help for an explanation on how to use it.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed rules restore on boot on Ice Cream Sandwich.
What's New in 1.5.6:
· Load application icons on a background task to reduce the overhead.
· Added application UIDs back to the list.
What's New in 1.5.5:
· Added application icons to the list.
· New applications are shown on the top of the list.
· Enabled hardware acceleration on Android >= 3.0.
What's New in 1.5.4:
· Fixed OK button not showing in the Custom Script dialog on some devices. Pressing "back" also asks to apply on that screen now.
· Added support for a custom shutdown script, which can be used to define cleanup rules when the firewall is disabled.
· Avoid reloading the apps list all the time.
· Various bug fixes and enhancements.
What's New in 1.5.3:
· Added support for custom scripts.
· Added Czech Translation (Cesky)
What's New in 1.5.2:
· Fixed "Exit code: -1" errors!
· Compatibility fixes for some devices.
· New iptables 1.4.10 binary, compiled using Android NDKr6 and with support for almost all iptables targets.
· Updated translations for Russian, Italian and French.
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Now using a home-made iptables 1.4.10 binary, which should work on all ARM devices (no more segfaults/illegal instructions - hopefully).
· Changed the directory for binary files. This should avoid problems after running "fix permissions".
· Case-insensitive sorting on the list of applications.
· Added "GPS" application to the list on systems that have a separated ID for it.
· Fixed ANR on boot and when using the widget.
· Added support for more 3G and 4G interfaces.
What's New in 1.5.0:
· New "OFF" widget icon, which should work better for colorblind sufferers.
· Added German (de) translation.
· Added Russian (ru) translation.
What's Newin 1.4.9:
· New icon! Thanks to Alfredo and Fernando Vicente
· Added Chinese (zh-CN) translation. Thanks to "Cye3s...@gmail.com"
· Added Arabic (ar) translation. Thanks to "lio...@gmail.com"
· Added French (fr) translation. Thanks to Massedil "g.desp...@gmail.com"
What's New in 1.4.8:
· Fixed a bug introduced on v1.4.7 where updated applications would be erroneously deselected on DroidWall
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «rodrigo.zr»:
Droid Wall Droid Wall - Android Firewall is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall. It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks.
This is the perfect solution if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer
ArcSync for Android Access all of your important documents and media files stored on ArcSoft Cloud directly from your Android phone or tablet
zaTelnet Light ZaTelnet Light is a Telnet client for Google Phone. It also emulates terminal VT100 (basically enough for working with Midnight Commander and others console programs).
A light protocol client, designed for network system administrators, end users and web designers, working with Unix/Linux/BSD systems
Network Alert Ad Have you come across a situation say while your smart-phone is on Wifi and then you move around your house, it sometimes switch to other Wifi network? Ideally you want to be informed for the new network connected
Wireless Tether Wireless Tether - enables WiFi-tethering for "rooted" handsets running Android. Clients (your laptop for example) can connect via WiFi (ad-hoc mode) and get access to the Internet using the 3G or 2G connection which is established by the handset.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bugfixes. Last release of "wireless tether"
FastFTP FastFTP is a fast and tiny FTP client for Android
Spiceworks Mobile Manage "Everything IT" - Anywhere. Take your IT network, tickets and users with you wherever you go! With Spiceworks Mobile, Spiceworks users have the info they need to do their IT jobs - at their fingertips
Host Ping Graphical interface for the command line ping utility, with some extras : - can ping multiple hosts at the same time - save hosts in a history list for the next time
ProxyDroid ProxyDroid is an application that can help you to set the proxy (http / socks4 / socks5) on your Android device.
PLEASE ROOT YOUR DEVICE FIRST
TIP: Press MENU button to find a "Recover" option that would help you to recover / reset the proxy settings when you get something wrong
Network Discovery Network Discovery - Android network tool. Discover hosts and scan them in your WiFi network.
Please do not scan networks without the authorization of the owner, the best approach is to get permission first. It may be illegal in your country, so please act responsively
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on DroidWall:
This app does not work on any of the X10 family because they lack support for IPtables, you can install the app, but it does nothing, same goes for Wireless Tether for Root Users....
Date: 16 Feb 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS