Classic Text To Speech Engine - natural sounding voices in 25 languages
Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.
Over 40 voices in 25 languages available.
The voices sound great with Google Navigation on Android 2.2. Other great apps using voice output are TalkToMe Classic, Moon+ Reader, ezPDF, Good Morning, and WakeVoice. Browse
The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40 voices. Voice packages need to be purchased separately.
After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable as follows:
1) Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
2) Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
3) Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a voice for your language.
- Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
- If you receive error code -18 when trying to install a voice, the installation fails because of a locked file. Solutions are to download a file manager app such as OI File Manager and remove “/mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec” or an empty folder named “.android_secure”. Navigate up from sdcard/ to mnt/, then down into secure/ and asec/ and delete smdl2tmp1.asec. Another solution is to remove or unmount your SD card and install the voice to your internal memory. After successfully installing the voice from Android Market (finally!) move the voice from internal memory to the SD card using Android Settings -> Applications and start the app.
Smart Call Recorder The only call recorder that works. It automatically records your phone calls and saves them locally on your device and remotely via Dropbox. You can also select particular contacts to record or ignore. Best Ever
Black Screen of Life Turn off the screen while listening to music videos and greatly increase your battery life
Favorite Frequencies Favorite Frequencies -
Favorite Frequencies generates tones from 0 - 20000 Hz.
The application can be used to measure your hearing range, as a mosquito repellent, to annoy your friends and as a dog whistle
eSpeak for Android eSpeak for Android - Port of the eSpeak engine that runs on Android.
To enable it:
1. Menu > Settings > Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings
2. Check "eSpeak TTS".
3. Set your "Default Engine" to "eSpeak TTS"
Myxer MP3 Myxer MP3 brings the hottest songs straight to your Android phone. Browse, buy & download straight to your media player
Voice Messenger "Voice Messenger" is an application used to record any sound on your Android device and email it instantly. This application has a simple button to send the recording as an email attachment. It lets you easily share your recording to anybody you want
Sound Meter Sound Meter - Professional sound level meter in your pocket!
1. On some devices the app will NOT WORK because of the way required for Sound Meter app to sample sound from the microphone.
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on Classic Text To Speech Engine:
Date: 12 Apr 12
David H. Ratliff:
You idiots, the seatcj was for speech to text not text to speech
Date: 26 Feb 12
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS