BlueGPS4Droid is an application for using an external Bluetooth GPS on Android devices.
The application starts a service, then connects to a Bluetooth device (NMEA GPS) and creates a mock GPS provider which can be used to replace the internal GPS.
It's also possible to log the external GPS NMEA data in a file on the device.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: correction in SiRF options summary description (English, French, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish)
· Bug fix: correction in NMEA checksum calculation
· Bugfix: NMEA sentences without checksum weren't correctly parsed
· Update copyright info in source and about app message
What's New in 1.2.5:
· Add Russian translation (thanks to skleroz)
What's New in 1.2.2:
· BlueGps4Droid version 1.2.2 for Cupcake and Donuts - Do not use with Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread !!!
· Bluetooth support is provided using the backport-android-bluetooth package
· Add an option to force auto-activation of the chosen location provider (useful when the device defines a GPS provider but doesn't provide the preferences used to enable/disable it).
· Update copyright infos.
· Decrease the alleged power consumption of the bluetooth GPS (so now bluetooth GPS should consume less power than internal GPS).
· Change default retries number before auto-closing BlueGPS4Droid.
· Bug fix (Ticket #5: BlueGPS loops forever when SIRF is enabled but connection cannot be established).
· Bug fixed (Ticket #6: Cannot add mock provider if it exists already).
· Closing of bluetooth connection improvements.
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Add Spanish translation.
· Change launcher and notification icons
What's New in 1.2.0:
· Add SiRF configuration management (NMEA sentences - SBAS - Static Navigation)
· Add verifications: if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled, the service is not started.
· Add alert messages to explain why the service cannot be started if bluetooth or mock locations are not enabled
· If device doesn't have an internal GPS, the bluetooth GPS provider is enabled automatically
· Add an about window that gives the version of application, licensing information and where the sources may be downloaded
Automobile Locator This app has a rotating arrow that points in the direction of your car. It allows you to mark your cars location using GPS. You can then use it at a later time to help guide you back to where you parked
Geofence Tracker Why do you need Geofence Tracker application?
1. With Geofence Tracker, you can create a specific "safe zone" or "unauthorized zone" on a map and get an E-mail Alert if the phone leaves the area
Route Monitor A simple application to find the driving/walking routes
MozStumbler Android application that collects data on cell towers and WiFi access points from mobile users to help Mozilla provide location-based services
iMapMyRUN Run GPS Running Jog IMapMyRUN+ tracks the route, distance, pace, and more in real-time using GPS. Free new version! iMapMyRUN+ brings you its mobile app for Android-based devices! Now owners of Android 2
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on BlueGPS4Droid:
yes i have. but google maps can't find my locatio
Date: 28 Mar 13
Hi, Has anyone managed to install this app?
Date: 18 Mar 11
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS