TransiCast is a transit service browser application for the Android mobile platform. It displays near real-time departure information provided by transit data servers that implement TriMet's Web Service API.
· Map-based transit stop discovery
· Vehicle location and heading on map
· Messages and detours
· Destination filters
· Integrated satellite, traffic and street views
· Thumb-only and Web Browser style navigation
· All transit data queried from transit data server What's New in This Release:
· TransiCast 3.0.1 adds support for large and x-large screens and the Gingerbread release of Android
What's New in 3.0:
· Fixed routes. The basic screen of TransiCast 3.0, so far empty, now introduces the display of agencies and operators. Agency labels hover over their respective service areas. Zoom and pan the map view to uncover overlapping agency labels. A tap on an agency label loads the agencies routes. Select a route, and TransiCast loads and displays terminus stops, stop locations and the sequence of stops. Powerful Android devices also display the links between route stops.
· Next stop tracking. The next stop tracking feature has been revised. With the availability of stop sequences of a route, the next stop on the route is now guided by these sequences. Above, we describe the selection of a route through agency and route lists. As an alternative, the relevant route can be selected through a long tap on a vehicle departure label. Then, select Board from the application menu to start next stop tracking.
· Center and Refresh. Center and Refresh have traded places between application and View menus.
· Appearance. A number of detail changes have been made to the basic appearance of the following display elements: Stop labels are framed, the Transit Data Server URL is only displayed when a server other than transicast.appspot.com is selected, the blue standard Android location dot with accuracy indication replaces the orange custom dot with location accuracy scale, and messages are displayed in a dark gray box.
· Back key. The responsiveness of the Back key has been improved. This has been a usability concern for some time now.
· Bug fixes. A number of bug fixes pushed out in this release.
· New app icon. TransiCast 3.0 has a new app icon.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Joachim Pfeiffer»:
RouteIt -Travel Maps and Street View An app that lets you to travel the world virtually on your smartphone anywhere anytime with more than 400+ routes now with Google Glass login and Twitter integration
Muni Alerts SF Muni bus and train routes and arrivals. Bookmarks, alerts, ... San Francisco Muni bus and train schedules (NextMuni) Quickly and easily find the route and stop you're looking for and bookmark it. Arrival predictions down to the second. Arrival Alerts
Trains Timetable Italy Free application for searching italian train timetables IMPORTANT: For any problem or suggestion, please send me an email NEW: Now this is a Social app!! Share real-time information about trains! ☆ Description
Museum World Explore the historical museums through this app in your android mobile
TTC Subway Rider Efficiency Guide This application has maps of all TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) subway stations so you can see where the stairs/etc are... and plan where to stand on the platform
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on TransiCast:
Comments not found
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS