MedPage Today Mobile - Clinical calculators & decision support tools for healthcare providers. Free!
From the maker of the apps 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation medical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique 'Question Flow' technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much, much more...
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «MedpageToday LLC»:
AlcoCalculator AlcoCalculator allows you to calculate your blood alcohol concentration, taking into account your weight, sex, and the amount of alcohol you have consumed. Moreover, AlcoCalculator shows the amount of time that is needed for the alcohol to be metabolized
Android BMI Calculator Android BMI Calculator - This application calculates your personal BMI or WHtR and shows your Ideal Weight based on age and gender! For everyone 7 years and older.
Metric [kg/cm] and Imperial [lb/inch] Units are supported.
Body mass index (BMI) is an index for human body fat on the basis of an individual's weight and height
My Bmi For Free BMI - Body Mass Index calculator
BMI is a measure of body based on height and weight.
BMI is used to indicate if you are under weight, normal, overweight
Fluid & Electrolytes Medical calculator to get appropriate rate and electrolyte components of IV fluid to be given to a dehydrated patient. Also displays standard maintenance fluid infusion rate. Remembers last values entered when you re-open the app
BMI Calculator - for women Fast and easy to use.Supports Metric System (cm/m/kg) and Imperial Units (ft./in./lbs.).Shows your exact over- and underweight
Electricity Calculator Electricity Calculator will walk you through using your electric meter, or the wattage on your appliance to determine how much electricity you are using
BMI Calculator (free) Basic application that calculates the Body Mass Index. (the formula is valid for adults - men AND women -, It's a general calculation)In all cases, the calculation of BMI is not working with athletes who have some muscle mass
Safe Sex Calculator Safe Sex Calculator - Use this application to find out if it is safe. For a regular 28 day cycle, days 9 to 18 are considered high risk days as ovulation usually takes place on day 15. However, even if it is safe, you should still always take precautions. A regular menstrual cycle can sometimes become irregular and this can bring unforeseen risks
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Comments on MedPage Today Mobile:
Comments not found
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS