Calculate by QxMD - Clinical calculators & decision support tools for healthcare providers. Free!
From the maker of the apps 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation medical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «QxMD Software Inc.»:
Breath Biofeedback Breath Biofeedback - Use your Android phone to do biofeedback. For relaxation, releasing stress, reducing high blood pressure & improving overall general health. Tap on the screen each time you breathe in. Displays a panel with red, blue and green coherence ratio. Try to get green, by breathing deep and exhaling naturally. Read the Help for theory
Fever Tracker Lite Now keep track on your & your family's Health..!! Use this Application to Track their Body Temperature if they have Fever.Enter your details like Name, Age, Gender, Blood Group, height, weight (SI/US units) etc.Enter your and your family member's daily / periodic body temperature readings
SafeKidZone SafeKidZone is a must-have technology that transforms a cell phone into an advanced safety device.
With SafeKidZone your kids can get help within seconds of an emergency situation. Friends, family, neighbors and 911 will be mobilized to protect your kid
CDC News Latest news from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Color Blindness Color Blindness tests you if you are color blindness or not
Intersection Explorer (Android) Intersection Explorer (Android) - Intersection Explorer provides a virtual map to help blind users explore their neighborhood.
Use touch to move along the current road and hear available directions at any given point.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed issues that caused a crash on launch on some versions of Android.
What's New in 1.2