WordPress for Android is an Open Source application that empowers you to write new posts, edit content, and manage comments with built-in notifications.
WordPress for Android supports both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher) blogs.
What's New in This Release:
· Use the Dashboard and Quick Action Bar to get one-tap access to everything you want to do with your blog.
· All new post editor including a rich text formatting bar and enhanced media features.
· Full support for Android Tablets.
· Post Format support.
· and more!
What's New in 1.5.0:
· WordPress.com: Follow your Favorite Blogs. Keeping track of your favorite blogs has never been easier. Browse all the latest posts on blogs you follow in one place, right from your Android device.
· Video uploads now use the HTML5 video tag.
· Reliability improvements.
· Fixed back button f/c when viewing a post.
What's New in 1.4.0:
· You can now easily set the publish date and time in the app when creating a post or page. The date can be set to the future which will set the post status to 'Scheduled' and publish on your blog when the time arrives. You can also edit existing posts and tweak the published date and time if desired.
· At the bottom of the post editor we've added a Post Password field to help protect your content. Simply enter a password here and the post will require that the password be entered for viewing on the blog when published. You can also add or remove a password from published posts as well.
HTTP Authentication Support:
· Is your self-hosted blog protected with an HTTP Authentication username and password? We've added support for entering the Authentication credentials in the blog settings so that you can manage your blog through the app. To access the Authentication settings, add a self-hosted blog to the app and select 'Optional Settings' in the setup area.
· Added secure password storage to the local database.
· 'Unapproved' comments now have a yellow tint.
· Added 'Today' option in stats.
· Fixed crash when alert dialog was trying to be shown after the app was closed.
· Fixed crash related to large post ID values.
What's New in 1.3.9:
· Added support for QuickPress shortcuts on the Android home screen. Just long press on the home screen, select ‘Shortcuts->QuickPress’ and then select the blog that you would like to use. You will then have an icon on your home screen that takes you directly to the new post screen to start blogging straight away!
Share Post URL to Other Apps:
· You can now share a link to posts you’ve published on your blog to other Android apps. Just tap the post title and then ‘Share URL’, and then select the app you want to share the link to.
· Use EXTRA_SUBJECT when adding shared content to a post
· Incorrect comment date if moderating from a different time zone than the WP blog’s set time zone
· Spanish translation updates
What's New in 1.3.8:
· Fixed crash when adding media on Dell Streak
· Fixed crash when attempting to add a self-hosted site with an invalid blog URL
· Fixed local db problem when upgrading from a 1.0.x or 1.1.x version
· Updated Polish translation strings
· Fixed crash when trying to add a second blog from a WordPress.com account or WordPress multi-user install
· Fixed no-name blogs from showing as blank in the multi-user blog selection screen
· Comments Loading progress bar no longer hangs
What's New in 1.3.6:
Multiple Media Item Sharing:
· You can now select multiple items in the Android gallery app and share them to a new post in WordPress for Android. New Attached Media Display:
· The media that you’ve added to the post is now displayed in a horizontally scrolling gallery view, making it much easier to view the images that you’ve attached to a post or page. YouTube Upload Fix:
· Sharing a video from the YouTube application has been fixed. When you share a video to a post from the app it will now be correctly embedded in your blog post for viewing. More Bug Fixes:
· Removed ‘read phone state’ permission when installing the app from Android Market.
· Improved performance on the new post and new page views.
· New account form now loads correctly.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Automattic, Inc.»:
InstantSave for instagram InstantSave for Instagram app is to help you to save all the Instagram photos you like to the album of your device
Grasscity Forum The Largest, most popular and respected counter-culture discussion forum on the web comes to the Android Mobile OS with its own dedicated app!
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on WordPress:
Archos 101 -
Date: 25 Oct 11
Really nice and impressive blog i found today.
Date: 11 Nov 10
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS