MedPage Today Mobile - Clinical calculators & decision support tools for healthcare providers. Free!
From the maker of the apps 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation medical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique 'Question Flow' technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much, much more...
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «MedpageToday LLC»:
Body Anatomy (Preview) for Tab ***** RealSimpleEdu: 225,000 paying customers from 153 Countries ***** This is a Preview Mode! You have limited access to the content provided. In this mode you can access 2 tutorials, 1 quiz and 1 set of flash cards
Draken EMS Draken EMS - A complete set of tools for paramedics and EMTs in the field! Provides a quick reference to your department's treatment protocols and drug formulary, along with a customized dosage calculator.
Please note that this application is highly customized for individual fire and medical departments
Optometry Portal This is the essential app for any UK Optometrist working in a busy practice
Hipnoz Hipnoz nasil yapilir? Bu uygulama ile hipnoz tekniklerine ve tarihcesine ulasabilirsiniz
CARDIO3® INVASIVE - Lite "Atlas of Interventional Cardiology" is a preview version of CARDIO3®INVASIVE project - reference/learning tool for cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, internists, other physicians evaluating interventional images in cardiology
Southern Medical University Southern Medical University, the former First Military Medical University, Study MBBS in China visit: www.xueonline.info
Health Now Health Now - Want to keep up with the latest developments in health care and medicine? Health Now presents the latest findings and research results each day, before you hear about any of them on the mainstream news. Also provided is the latest research and news from the National Institutes of Health, categorized by major field