MedPage Today Mobile - Clinical calculators & decision support tools for healthcare providers. Free!
From the maker of the apps 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation medical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique 'Question Flow' technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much, much more...
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «MedpageToday LLC»:
Reflexology foot chart Reflexology is a natural healing art, based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet and hands which correspond to every part of the body
SoftPsych Sampler This Demo program shows the menus of SoftPsych programs for mental health professionals to diagnose and treat psychiatric disorders. Additional applications are Diet Science and Hypertension
Speed Anatomy Touch a human body and learn anatomy with the addictive game Speed Anatomy!How fast can you point to your liver, gall bladder or incisor? Do you know the difference between the auricle and the utricle
PediResi Lab Tests Choose the list of tests to run (bloods, urine etc.) and have them grouped by Lab and container type
PubMed Mobile Search the PubMed database with over 19 million citations for biomedical articles and life science journals
Drug Labels Search the internet in the best font for drug labels, the site DailyMed, site from the National Library of Medicine of the US government. NLM Copyright Information Government information at NLM Web sites is in the public domain
GRACE ACS Risk Score This educational App assesses risk of death 'in hospital' and risk of death from 'discharge to 6 months' in patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome. The sole purpose of this App is to be an educational tool