Jabbroid allows you to take your XMPP/Jabber account on the road. It has many features like avatar support, geoloc, multi user chats and many more.
· Chat state notification: See when you contacts are typing or have left the chat.
· vCard based avatars: Jabbroid can fetch the avatar from your friends vCards. You can limit this function to WiFi.
· User avatar: Jabbroid also supports avatars which are published via PEP and displays them to you.
· Entity capabilities: This little spec helps to reduce traffic while service discovery
· XMPP Ping: Let others “ping” your client.
· Software version: Let others discover what client you are using.
· Stream compression: Let Jabbroid compress the traffic between the server and your phone.
· Multi user chat: Jabbroid supports basic operations for multi user chats
· Delayed delivery: When you receive a message with delay you can see the time when the message was sent
· User location: Publish your location via PEP and let your friends know where you are
· Private XML Storage. Access your bookmarks to multi user chats easily
· Encryption via TLS
· Easy interface. You can “swipe” between several views and between open chats
· Roster Versioning: Reduces time and amount of data to login you into the server
· Multitouch in map view
· User Nickname: If your contacts don’t have already a meaningful nickname Jabbroid adds a meaningful name to your contacts if they announce one
· OTR support
· Create and delete multi user chat bookmarks
· Very efficient background service
· Backup of settings to the SD and to the cloud on Android 2.2
· Installable to the SD
What's New in This Release:
· This version contains some bug fixes, some performance optimizations and one revamped feature. The most important thing for an instant messaging client on a mobile phone is to stay connected and handle connection errors. In the past Jabbroid had to set the number of retries Jabbroid uses to reestablish the connection. But if you think this through, this doesn’t make sense. The user doesn’t care how often his im client tries to reestablish the connection. All he wants is that his im client does reestablish the connection as soon as it is possible. And Jabbroid does now give the user what he wants. Instead of of specifying the amount of reconnection retries you can now tell Jabbroid to “Stay Connected” in the settings. This option is already the default. Only in cases where authentication issues occur (ie. your account was removed from the server) or the server isn’t capable of handling your request (i.e. overloaded or misconfigured) Jabbroid will stop to connect and inform you about what is going on.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Till Klocke»:
Meebo IM We had to remove support for Facebook, sorry for the inconvenience! We'll try to re-add later! Meebo is a totally free IM app. Chat with friends on AIM MSN Yahoo MySpace Google Talk Jabber and ICQ
BBM new BBM brings you together in the moment with friends and family through instant chats, voice calls, picture sharing, voice notes and more. Download the official version of BBM from BlackBerry now
Go!Chat for Facebook Talk with your friends via Facebook chat. Send photos, voice notes and more! Go!Chat for Facebook lets you talk with your friends via Facebook chat
Pinch iMessenger Pinch iMessenger is an ultra fast messaging app with location-aware mobile social networking features. Works between iPhones and Android
Galaxy FREE Chat Chat, make friends, flirt, date, play online games, share photos and more!
ICQLive ICQ client supporting almost full functionality of ICQ protocol
BootyShake It's the chat app that doesn't make you wait to be matched!
People+Faces*RADAR + Chat New stylish boys, girls and contacts in your City and worlwide (Radar) - sexy Dating, Flirt-RADAR and Selfe-Promotion....join it - all function for free.....non-commercal project
AndroIRC AndroIRC is a complete IRC client (Multi-Server, SSL, NickServ, mIRC colors ...)
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Comments on Jabbroid:
Comments not found
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS