z4mod is another lagfix for Samsung Galaxy S. This one is a bit different from existing lagfixes though:
- Differences from OCLF: Uses native EXT/JFS instead of loopback mounts. Loopback mounts in linux can be a bit flakey at times, especially when they're on RFS. So this is generally better.
- Differences from lagfix kernels such as voodoo or sztupy's: These types of lagfixes are kernels compiled from GPL sources for specific devices. This can cause a number of issues, such as losing out on bug fixes in later Samsung kernels released after the GPL code, or differences in devices such as the I9000B, etc. z4mod also has (imo) a nicer design, in that it uses /etc/fstab for filesystem mounting, as well as keeping the convert scripts outside the kernel. It should also work across ALL (or many?) Samsung devices without changes!
What's New in This Release:
· Critical: Upload kernel now passes binary MIME type to prevent corrupt kernels
· Fixes for text in conversion screen.
· Fix for 'mmcblk0p2' always being chosen for /data, even on devices that use 'mmcblk0p1'
· Bug fixes for UI
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:Samsung Galaxy S
Other Android Freeware of Developer «RyanZA»:
RealBench RealBench is an application for benchmarking the file system. For now it has just one benchmark -- a benchmark that heavily stresses the file system for both reading and writing, as well as heavily stressing ram and the garbage collector. Basically, this is a benchmark designed to do as poorly as possible with the SGS's stock problems
FileSlick FileSlick is revolutionary file manager, for a slick approach to managing files!
OCLF (One Click Lag Fix) OCLF- This is an APK (Normal Android App) that will install an EXT2 lag fix for you.
The APK itself can support a number of different lag fixes. It currently has the old OCLF V1 fix, which uses symlinks, and it now also has a new V2 fix which uses bind mounts.
How to use this:
Copy over the APK file onto your phone, and run/install it as normal using 'My Files'
QuickSnap QuickSnap - Very simple application that makes up (slightly) for not having a dedicated camera button.
Install the application, put a shortcut to it on your homepage. Shortcut will open (as quickly as possible) a preview window. Tapping anywhere on the screen will take a photo. Back button to exit.
Visual Traceroute Visual Traceroute will show you, on a map, the path your data travels to any server in the world
CroakDroid CroakDroid - CroakDroid Lite is an unofficial Client application for the Hoptoad Error Tracking Service. It can be used to retrieve errors and display details about them. Requires an existing account and Auth Token.
This app is not officially associated with Hoptoad in any way. The name and logos for Hoptoad are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc
OpenWebGIS OpenWebGIS is a free GIS. You can use the extensive mathematical functionality to analyze your data