Darktremor Apps2SD is a multipurpose program that primarily allows a user to execute applications created for the Android OS on their Secure Digital card. Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability. The goal is to be able for all users of the Android OS to be able to take advantage of a method to run their applications from a secure digital card.
But just because the Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability, doesn't mean it isn't packed with features:
- Move applications (both free and paid) to the Secure Digital card.
- Move Dalvik Cache to run either from your Secure Digital card or from your cache partition and clears the cache on demand.
- Boot Loop Protection: prevents the phone from boot looping in the event the SD card could not be mounted.
- Dalvik JIT for faster performance on Roms which support it.
- User selectable sizes for the Dalvik heap sizes, allowing a user to freely optimize their system.
- Activate a swap partition on your SD card and sets how often the swap partition is utilized.
- Automatically fixes configuration issues.
- Users can check the free space on their SD card and check the installation to make sure all is setup correctly.
- Runs ZipAlign on demand...this makes your programs load faster.
- Built in help system for easy reference of commands.
- All features can also be reversed without repartitioning your Secure Digital card.
- New logging features assists in troubleshooting issues.
- Commands to set the Low Memory Killer feature at boot time. Great for those people who are the "set it and forget it" type.
- And more...
Darktremor Apps2SD is not the same as Froyo Apps2SD. Froyo Apps2SD creates a secure folder on the FAT32 section of your SD card (this is the section that you see when you mount your phone to your computer) and stores the programs there. This is nice as you don't have to do anything special with the phone, but it isn't backwards compatible with older versions of Android (Cupcake, Donut, Eclair) and, because of the way Froyo works, older programs not designed for Froyo will automatically stay on your internal storage (unless you install a program that forces the move to your SD card).
Darktremor Apps2SD takes a different approach. Based on the original CyanogenMod works, Darktremor Apps2SD uses symbolic linking to force Android into moving your applications to the SD card. Because Android will not allow anything to be ran from the FAT32 partition on your SD card (and, in Froyo, it will only allow you to run programs from a special folder), Darktremor utilizes filesystems called EXT2, EXT3 and EXT4. Each one of these filesystems is native to Linux (the operating system running Android), which allows you to run programs from them (same as, say, a computer running Ubuntu). This method is completely compatible with all versions of Android, including Froyo. In fact, you can run both the Darktremor Apps2SD and Froyo Apps2SD at the same time.
Note: Installation instructions can be found here.
What's New in This Release:
· Reworked the EXT mounting code to search for SD cards on all block devices from mmcblk0 to mmcblk9. This should make Darktremor Apps2SD more compatible with other roms. Added in Beta 01.
· Added experimental support for moving the /data/data directory to the SD card. Users can move the directory between SD and Internal Storage in Beta 01. More code for autocorrection, boot protection and allowing a2sd check to report the /data/data status was added in Beta 02.
· Checks kernel support for native Linux partitions (EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4). If none are present, program will activate boot protection and end program. This prevents time being wasted searching for a partition to mount when kernel support is not available. Added in Beta 02.
· Does more checks for commands in the native rom version of Busybox. Now will check all Busybox commands used in Darktremor Apps2SD and will revert to using the Busybox packaged in Darktremor when a command is missing in the native Busybox. This will prevent any issues that occur when a Busybox command is not present. Added in Beta 02.
· Beta 02 fixes code that was accidentally broken in Beta 01. Most of this is related in using the incorrect variable to reference Busybox.
· Added new commands.
· Rebuilt the entire dalvik-cache move routines. New code is simpler. [Beta 03]
· Rebuilt the entire repair routines. New code is much simpler. (Beta 04)
· Created simpler Boot Protection code. (Beta 04)
· Reworked a2sd program file itself to fix the boot loop issues. (Beta 04)
· Change the PS functions from using Busybox to using Toolbox. (Beta 04)
· Added check code for Busybox commands. If native Busybox doesn't have a command needed for Darktremor, the Busybox packaged with Darktremor will be used for that command. (Beta 04)
· SD Card goes through individual mount commands now. This may fix the EXT4 partition mounted as EXT2 issue. (Beta 04)
· Added new program: fix_permissions. This is ran after any move relating to Programs or Program Data. (Beta 04)
· Phone will reboot if Programs, Dalvik-Cache or Program Data is moved. This maintain integrity in the system. (Beta 04)
· Added new commands: usedtbusybox and usedefaultbusybox. The first command forces the program to use the Busybox supplied by Darktremor package. The second command returns all Busybox functions to normal (Beta04).
· Convert-ext3 and convert-ext4 now does the conversion during boot before the SD card is mounted. (Beta 04)
· Updated included Busybox from 1.15 to 1.17-3 (Beta 04)
· Fixed bugs in all the programs and the updater-script.
· Added support for Oxygen 2.0 (they have a different way of signaling the init.rc that they are finished) (Beta 03).
· Filesystem check code makes its triumphant return (Beta 03).
· SD Fix for EVO is included...runs at startup. May work for other phones
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Darktremor»:
RAM Cleaner Booster PRO A powerful memory cleaning app which will make your device work faster. I'ts Completely FREE!
clean doctor Is your android device running slow lately? Are you running low on storage in your mobile device? Download The Clean Doctor today! It will speed up your phone and free up its storage
Ram Booster Ram Booster
Best Ram Booster Android App On Android
Ram Booster Android is the best app in Play Store that is used for cleaning up your Ram
Contact Backup Backup you contacts to yourself and restore to any smartphone (!) without any server
App Cache Cleaner Best Cache Cleaner App Cache Cleaner,a quick tool for clearing application cached files. One Tap to clean all cached files for getting more avalable space. This tool can free a lot of storage memory for your phone
G Cloud Backup G Cloud intelligently, automatically and effortlessly protects and backs up all your android's data to a secure cloud location. Oh yeah, did we mention that it's Free :)
Best Battery Themes Gold The best battery app ever. This battery app has so many features that we know you will not read them all (you'll get bored). The only thing we assure you is that we added the best features from all similar apps and mixed them into one single battery app
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.0 |
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Comments on Darktremor Apps2SD:
Comments not found
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS