EmWeather is a free, open-source, Canadian weather application for Android that uses Environment Canada weather feeds for its data.
It displays the current conditions as well as 8 forecasted conditions with the ability to quickly read the full details for each forecast. Very detailed extra forecast information is available through the menu.
Environment Canada provides extremely detailed forecasts that are often very accurate. Having access to the full forecast information is often lacking in weather applications for mobile devices. EmWeather seeks to address this. Please note: this application is not officially endorsed by Environment Canada. The icons and weather information EmWeather uses and retrieves are the copyrighted data of Environment Canada, used in accordance with their policies.
What's New in This Release:
· early morning lows display before highs in main application
· more cities added by default to locations - now default list covers half the population of Canada (you may need to reset your databases under "troubleshoot" to see them)
· added more options to the widget update rates (10 and 15 minutes) by request
· little bug fixes
What's New in 0.9.7 beta:
Major widget overhaul:
· New backgrounds
· Added city name to 2x2 widgets
· Added clickable settings and refresh icons
· Better support for Android 4.0 and up
· Fluid layout
· No more double/triple clicking
Main App additions:
· Added action-bar support for devices without a menu button
· Added city name
· Added done buttons to a number of dialogs to unify interface
· If no city is selected, the selection dialog appears automatically
· What's New text should now appear only once
What's New in 0.9.6.3 beta:
· fixed the width in the "extras" menu, which was squashed, especially on Ice Cream Sandwich devices (updated to fix word wrapping error).
· fixed the major null-pointer error in the widgets. This also fixes a regression in 0.9.6.2 which prevented new widgets from auto-updating.
· added both highs and lows to the main app and widgets now allow you to choose to default to highs or lows.
What's New in 0.9.6.1 beta:
· EmWeather no longer defaults to Montreal if there is an error with the location
· A troubleshooting menu has been added with a database reset option (this may help some users with location/theme problems)
· Fixed a bug where app language preferences would sometimes not be saved/restored correctly.
· A few slight interface tweaks here and there.
What's New in 0.9.5.6.7 beta:
· Minimum API version is now 7 (Android 2.1 Eclipse)
· Changes to make locations easier to deal with
· Some null-pointer fixes
· Fixed the error where sometimes people would get forecast info for the default city (Montreal) instead of their configured city.
What's New in 0.9.5.6.6 beta:
· Fixed location automatic detection
· Added a few progress bars so the GUI doesn't seem to lock up when adding a new location
What's New in 0.9.5.6.4 beta:
· NOTE: This update will reset your app and widget location settings
· Overhauled location selection
· Reduced download size by 3mb
· Fixed new font theming in app so all the fonts get themed
· Fixed some clicker bugs for the widgets
· Little bug fixes
What's New in 0.9.5.6.2 beta:
· This contains the new theming mechanisms.
What's New in 0.9.5.5.2 beta:
· changes made to locale/language within app now take place immediately
What's New in 0.9.5.4.5 beta:
· Included a fix from Terence that prevents force closes when rotating widgets in 2.3 with LauncherPro.
· Fixed bug where if you configured a widget, every new click would bring up the config screen again
What's New in 0.9.5.3 beta:
· Added windchill and storm warnings to the 4x4 widget as well
What's New in 0.9.4.9 beta:
·Small bug fixes, exception checking for app/config launch from a widget
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Android Freeware of Developer «Emilie Roberts»:
Earthquake Alert! See the latest Magnitude 1.0 and higher earthquakes from all over the World. Features - Tab between map and list - Latest quakes in the World
Radioactive Cloud Radioactive Cloud - This animation displays a potential dispersion of the radioactive cloud (Caesium 137 Isotope) after the nuclear accident in reactor Fukushima
Easy Weather Deluxe This app is particularly boosted with an elegant simplicity when it comes to app design
iMap Weather iMap Weather Built upon state-of-the-science technologies, this multimedia weather platform provides location-based radar images, lighting strikes, current conditions and forecasts and allows you to pre-set additional locations of interest
Animated Weather Widget, Clock Animated Weather Widget, Clock - Animated Weather forecast: realistic video effects, detailed world data. Free!
Digital Clock widget 4x2 with Weather forecast application and live wallpapers. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world
Buienradar.nl Phone Buienradar.nl v3 is completely renewed and has more features than before. Buienradar.nl v3 app is completely renewed. For Tablet Users: Try the Buienradar HD app!
Supported Operation Systems:
Google Android 1.5 |
Google Android 1.6 |
Google Android 2.0 |
Google Android 2.1 |
Google Android 2.2 |
Google Android 2.3 |
Google Android 3.0 |
Google Android 3.1 |
Google Android 3.2 |
Google Android 4.0 |
Google Android 4.1 |
Google Android 4.2 |
Google Android 4.3 |
Google Android 4.4 |
Google Android 5.x |
Google Android 6.x |
Google Android 7.x |
Comments on EmWeather:
Comments not found
FreewareAndroid - Free Downloads Android Market Apps, Applications, Games, APK, WiFi, Sync, GPS for Google Android OS